20: Floor Pallet ✔︎

COMFORTING

    PETTER AND I giggle childishly as we enter the living room

    PETTER AND I giggle childishly as we enter the living room. Our laughter dies out as we see all of the team just sitting on the couches staring at us.

"Hey guys," I chuckle nervously as Pete rubs the back of his neck.

"Where were you?!" Tony yells, as he points at us two. My head hangs uncomfortably low, flinching at the tone and loudness of his voice.

"Gone for hours! It is 1:00AM. You could of texted 'hey we're going to the city' but no, I find out by the news talking about you two!"

I move a little behind Peter, not looking up from my gaze on the floor. I don't dare speak, not knowing the consequences.

"Tony, dial it down." Steve says roughly, noticing my state.

"No! These two wannabes want to be all rebellious? Then so be it! But they must know the punishments!"

I cower at the word 'punishments'.

"That's enough!" Nat snaps. I'm shocked, I've never seen her do that before. "They understand. Stop yelling."

Tony finally notices my condition. He mutters a sorry, putting his head only slightly down in regret.

    I slowly raise my head, eyes cautiously scanning the room. "It's fine," I clip out.

    He nods before going with Peter to Peter's ride home.

    I walk out of the room and go to my bedroom. I hear footsteps behind me, but I don't look back. Whoever it is following me, follows to my bedroom door. But, before they could enter I close the door. The person pauses by the door, then walks away slowly.

    I sigh as the weight of the world falls on my shoulders. A kid like me shouldn't have to go through this. But, I do anyway. I have to live with this.

    A tear slips down my cheek, me sliding down the closed door. I vigorously wipe the tear trailing down my cheek.

    I sit on the floor for a while before I move to my bed. It's currently 2:30 in the morning. I change in to the usual sweatshirt and shorts, before sliding under the comforters. Too soft.

    My mind slows as my breathing evens, slipping into the state of dreams. Night terrors, more like.

    I'm suddenly thrown in a room. The walls are concrete, no windows are in the view. This isn't a flashback. This is not real. Just a dream, it seems.

    "You're the reason your friends are dead. They died because of you! You are not a child! Not a human! You are a machine, that's all you will ever be!"

    The doors slam shut and as soon as they do, I travel to a different location.

    I'm now in the lab, the one with the chair. Well, this is great. Two people lead me to sit beside it, not in it.