25: Unknown Creatures ✔︎

UNEXPECTED

Drystan, Letalis Clan Leader played by Daniel Gillies

I CAN'T ever get a break, can I?

I watch as my father gets thrown to the side by a speedy quick figure. It pauses in its movements and I see what it looks like.

White, sharp fangs prod the creature's lips. Black veins cascade from its eyes. It truly looks like a monster.

It snaps his head around to look at me, standing in the spot my father once was.

"What are you?" I whisper curiously, cautiously.

"Vera Barnes, we've been watching you for a long time now. Very pleased with the results."

"Results? What results? Wait, you've been watching me? Who are you? What are you?" The questions pile on top of each other.

"No need to be so worried, deary. Come with us, or there will be war." He growls out, hissing at me warningly.

"Us?" That word seems to trigger the herd of the same creatures as the man, to come zooming in at incredibly fast speeds.

    I quickly become outnumbered, cursing under my breath as I am surrounded by at least twenty of those things.

    "Why is it that when I'm in a fight, I'm always outnumbered? Seems a little unfair to me," I ease the growing tension.

    I hold down a hidden button on the bracelet that's on my wrist, sending a distress signal to the Avengers. Tones gave it to me after the countless times I've been attacked, expecting more to come. We were right.

    "So, does that mean you'll come with us willingly?" The supposed leader questions in a somewhat annoyed voice.

    "Hello to the no," I sarcastically say, purposely messing up the saying.

    He growls and bares his pointy fangs. My heart rate picks up, questioning how I can stall til the Avengers arrive.

"Fine," he huffs. He signals something with his hands and they speedily come at me, with the intention to detain, not kill.

If it wasn't for my SuperSoldier reflexes, I would be dead by now, even if they aren't trying to kill me. But I'm still having a terribly difficult time.

Sooner than what I would have liked, they have me under their control. Cuffs are around my wrists, a bind in my mouth.

I grumble and mumble something. The creature quickly gets annoyed, and rips the bind out of my mouth. I smile at my accomplishment, him just rolling his eyes.

    "What?" He growls out.

    "Well, what I said before was 'kinky', but now what I want to say is 'on your left'." I slowly pronounce, giving enough time for my dad to sock the man in the mouth.