12: Him ✔︎

INTERROGATION

    "WHAT IS it I hear about my pet coming to visit me?" I freeze at the voice of my former handler echos down the hall

"Just ignore him, Hunt." Eddie tries to comfort. I nod rigidly. 'How can I ignore that sadistic man?'

"Doll, I think it's time to head home." My dad says, Uncle Stevie nodding in agreement.

    "Yeah, listen to em Hunt. I'll be here when you decide to visit next," Eddie tries to persuade.

     I nod and say my goodbyes to Edward, "I'll come visit as soon as possible. I promise. I would say call me if you need me but.." I trail off in a joking manner.

    He fake laughs, and flashes me the finger. "Watch where you wave that thing. I could have you killed," I threaten sarcastically.

    "No you couldn't," he denies.

    "No, I couldn't." I whisper, faking sadness.

    "Alright, we'll see you some time soon Edward." Steve reassures, Bucky nodding along.

"Back to you, Mr. Sir Dudes! Bye Hunt, love ya!"

    "Love you!" I shout back.

We load back into the elevator, going up to the first level. "You have got quite the friend there," Steve says in a tone I can't identify.

    "Yeah, he's been with me for years now. He's my brother," I state confidently.

   We exit the elevator to meet with the rest of the team.

    "What did Ross want?" Bucky asks.

    "About that. He wants our girl VB to go talk to Rumlow, something about how she might be able to make him talk? I don't know, sounds like a bunch of crap to me." Tony informs.

    When the words register through our ears, I grow tense, along with my father.

    "No. Absolutely not. That's not happening. That low life does not need to see my daughter!" Bucky says, the words ending in a shout.

    "They can't force her to, right? I mean she has some choice in this," Wanda questions. She had to wait outside of the room when Tony and Natasha were talking to Ross, Ross not fully trusting Wanda yet.

    "I'll do it," I interrupted. "If it helps the Avengers. Not only because of that, but you all are my family."

    They awe, and I roll my eyes. "You guys are cheesy," I point out.

"We are not cheesy!" Nat protests.

"You all are the cheesiest of cheesy," I snicker.

"On a different note, are you sure you want to go see Rumlow? It doesn't have to be today. Maybe in a week, or a month even!" My dad tries to persuade.