17: Dinner ✔︎

PETER FREAKING PARKER

I ONLY did two dances that night. Songs called "Hey Mama" and "Worth It". It was entertaining to do, but I had my fill real quick.

    The day went by faster than usual, the mix of having fun and doing something being the cause.

    It was already dinner time. Vision was cooking lasagna, something I have never had before.

    "Vera and Bucky, please set the table. Add another plate, Tony is bringing a guest." Steve requests us to do.

    "Guest? Who?"

    "Hey guys! I can't stay all night. Aunt May wants me home at a decent time, school's tomorrow." A familiar voice rings out.

Peter Parker enters the dining room. He said hey to Tony before making his way to me and my dad.

"I got it Mr. Bucky, sir. You can go sit down or something. Not that I'm telling you what to do but, just yeah." He carefully takes the plates and silverware.

He gives me a side hug with one arm before continuing to set down half the table. I do my half, "how've you been? What's it been, two days?" Peter questions.

"Good, you?"

"Better now I can see you," he jokes.

    "That was cheesy," I comment.

    "Well obviously, I'm a cheesy person. Only when I warm up to people though, which is often." I laugh at his reply.

    "I don't open up to anyone really. Well, besides the team."

    Vision comes in with the lasagna with oven-mitted hands. Everyone came in to take a seat.

    I sit in between Bruce and Tony, Nat sitting across from me.

    "How was school today, Pete?" Wanda asks him.

    "It was alright. School, I guess. I went home early to make sure I got here on time."

    "Where do you live?" I inquire.

    "Queens. It's a really cool place. Have to keep the criminals in check, otherwise it's a quiet neighborhood."

    "Speaking of school. Vera, you need to be starting school soon." My dad speaks up.

    "What? I mean, sir? I know way too many things to actually do school. I'm not bragging or anything, it's just, HYDRA taught me a lot of stuff. I don't want to go," I say. Internally, school is a fear of mine. The teenagers, the thick walls. It's too overwhelming.

    "I never said you have to go to a school. Online or homeschool."

    "Can you really homeschool? No offense Barnes, actually take great offense, please. But, you can't teach." Sam says in all seriousness.