28

That rainy night had came to a sudden stop as we approach the front steps of our house. Jungkook opened the door as we walked in silence. Maybe it was because this was unexpected? Or I never thought in my whole life of existence, that I would take in a human child. 

For me, I don't know what my next steps are. I'm not sure what to do, but something keeps telling me to watch over him. I couldn't just leave him alone in the streets while its raining, but at the same time, I've pasted hundreds of kids who wandered the streets, why do I feel so much for this one? 

I have this gut feeling, deep inside my heart. For some reason, it almost pained me to turn my back on him. This small child in my arms looks so innocent and delicate. I followed my instinct and here I am...

I carried this child on my chest the whole way here while it rained down on us. 

"Jungkook. Get a warm bath ready." I say. 

"mmm." He gently caressed my head as I walked past him to the bedroom. 

The child slept in my arms tiredly. I gently lay him down on the bed, but just when I was about to pull up, he opened his eyes gently as they start to water immediately. My eyes widen and my heart sank when his lips frowned. I look down at him as he wrap his small hands together on his chest while tears dropped from his eyes. 

"oohh, why are you crying?" I cooed as I take him into my arms again. 

"Shhh." I caressed his head and back gently as rock us a little. 

He wrapped his small arms around my neck and dug his face into my shoulder. His legs wrapped around my waist again, I had no idea why he started crying. 

Did he think I was leaving him?

Or did he have a bad dream? 

...

"what happened?" Jungkook walked in. 

I turn to him. 

"I tried to lay him down, but he woke up immediately after I set him on the bed." I say. 

"He's scared that you'll leave him." He says patting his head. 

The child in my arms was now awake, but just laying on my shoulder. 

"Here, give him to me." Jungkook insisted. 

I passed the kid onto him. 

He hugged Jungkook tightly. 

"We have to bathe you. You'll get sick..hmm?" Jungkook held him with one hand and moved his hair out of his face  with the other. 

"Come on lets go take a warm bath and go to sleep." I say with a smile on my face. 

He gave me puppy eyes... he must be tired and hungry. 

"Lets go to the bathroom." I say as Jungkook followed me into the bathroom. 

The bath tub was all ready for him as stepped in there and sat on one side. 

"Give him here." I took him from Jungkook and he sat on my lap. 

While he was on my lap the water reached his chest. I took off his clothes and gently lift some water with my hand and put it on his hair. I washed his body with some soap and washed his hair as well. 

He was a good boy the whole time. He sat there quietly as I bathed him and he twirled my hair with his small little fingers. 

"He likes you." Jungkook chuckled warmly. 

"I think so too." I smiled and washed his back. 

"How old you think he is?" Jungkook asked. 

"He looks four or five years old." I replied.