Chapter 4

Eliza walks up and sees all of her friends at a giant table in the far right-hand corner. "Right by the bar, let's goooo," Eliza thinks to herself. She reaches the table and receives so much love.

"There's our girl!!" Penelope says, as she hugs Eliza. "Where's the guy?" She asks.

"The guy?! What guy, hot mama?" Derek says as he hugs her and kisses her cheek.

"She's bringing a hot date from her cycling class this morning," JJ informs them, smiling at Eliza. "They had drinks at her place beforehand, too."

"I gotcha; play on, mama! He better not get too handsy tonight or I'll have to kick his ass," Morgan chides.

"Statistically speaking, most women tend to resist guys who play it too forward in group settings like these, especially when the woman—"

"Thank you, Doctor," she says as she hugs his shoulders from his chair and kisses his cheek. "It's good to see you, Spencer."

Rossi stands up and hugs her. "How are you, angel?" He says.

"I'm just fine, Dave; I'm glad you made it." She replies. "Who were you texting just now? Wife #4?" She jokes.

Dave starts to respond but stops when he sees who's walked up to the table. Eliza turns and loops both arms around Aaron's right arm and looks up with a wide smile that he returns, teasing her friends a little. Morgan's eyes go wide. Emily asks the waiter for a whiskey shot. JJ's jaw drops before she looks down and fiddles with her hands. Dave sits back and just smiles, glancing at Aaron and giving him a thumbs-up from under the table. Reid simply observes everyone else. Penelope stutters and says, "Wha-wha-what, oh my God, I was just joking earlier and you went and and and—"

"Garcia, did you know about this?" Spencer asks curiously.

Aaron looks down at the ground, scratches the back of his head and goes a little pale. Eliza rubs the inside of his arm to sure him up, which perks him up enough to look at his team. Eliza then starts to speak: "No, Pen didn't know. I'm sure you all are probably very shocked right now, so how about we get some booze and we can you tell the story?"

"What a great idea, Eliza. Please you all, sit down. Especially you, Aaron...you look like hell." Dave says as he makes room for them at the end of the giant booth. Aaron sits by Dave and lets Eliza in last. He puts his arm on top of the booth so as to put it around Eliza.

"Where should I start?" Eliza asks, putting her right hand on Aaron's left leg under the table, which he was bouncing up and down like crazy. This helps to calm him more.

"At the very, VERY beginning," Emily says. The team looks at her with a glint of pity as she says that. Eliza gives her a similar look.

"We were in the same cycling class this morning. I helped him get his handlebars unstuck, we partnered up for sprint intervals, the class ended and I invited him tonight. And here we are." Eliza says.

"H—how did you figure it all out?" Garcia asks, intrigued and wanting every small detail.

Eliza goes to respond, but Aaron cuts in, speaking faster than usual. "It didn't happen sooner because Eliza gave me her card at the cycling class, and I just gave her my number because I didn't have any more cards. She asked me what I did when I got to her place, and we figured it out. I was nervous then, and I still am, but we had such a great time just now, so here I am. Don't hold back or worry about having too much fun you guys; I'm not your boss tonight, and we're all off the clock. So let's raise our glasses to Eliza, the real star of tonight. May you have a happy birthday and new success with the promotion. Let's celebrate you," He says with a smile, looking over at her.

"Cheers!" Everyone says, clinking their glasses. Emily even has a small smile on her face. Eliza smiles at Aaron and rubs his leg with her thumb as a thank you. She looks at her sister and gives her a small nod. Penelope gives her a giant smile, shocked to see her boss express such strong emotion.

"Did he just find the one?" Dave thinks silently to himself.

-

The dinner carries on for a long while; everyone chats while enjoying their pasta, booze, and a giant tiramisu. Dinner goes much longer than they anticipated—they close out the place! Eventually Dave asks for the check, and Eliza tries to jump in.

"My God Dave, you don't have to—"

"Nope, it's my treat. I insist," he says.

"Well, thank you very much," she says with a smile. Everyone else bids Dave the same.

While the bill is handled, Penelope orders two Ubers as the other girls adjust their lipstick. "Alright sweets, we've got two Ubers on the way! One for the boys, one for the girls. Then it's off to the club!!"

"I don't know if I'm up for that," Dave says.

"Pleaaaassseee, Dave?" Eliza says, batting her eyelashes. "We all know it's not a real party without the Italian Stallion."

"Yeah come on, Rossi," everyone else chimes in.

Dave waves his hands in resignation. "Alright, alright. I'm in."

Everyone erupts in cheers, as they're already slightly tipsy. Penelope's phone then dings, and she searches eagerly for it.

"Ok babies, Uber numero uno is here! Ladies first!" She says as the girls make their exit. Everyone stands as the girls leave, and Eliza pats Aaron's thigh as she gets up. Penelope turns to Derek. "Chocolate Thunder, I shall text when your chariot arrives," and kisses him on the cheek.

"Alright, baby girl," he responds. "Be careful, ladies; don't let anybody hit on you on your way out!" He says while laughing to himself.

"Byeeee," Eliza says over her shoulder, winking at Aaron and tossing her hair, making sure the rest of the boys can see. Aaron blushes and shakes his head while looking Eliza up and down as she leaves, hands in his pockets. Eliza pats herself on the back internally for eliciting that reaction before running out the door with the girls.

Derek laughs and goes up to Aaron to pat him on the back after he sees Eliza, awakening Aaron from his daze. "My MAN!" he says with a big smile, shaking Aaron's shoulder.

"You know, the probability of something like this happening is truly minuscule," Spencer says.

"Ok Boy Wonder, thanks for the math homework. Let's just take a moment and acknowledge how smitten Aaron is." Dave says.

"Smitten?" Aaron asks, blushing and ruffling his hair.

"Oh yes, that is blatantly obvious," Spencer replies. "I could see your pupils dilating from across the table." He smirks.

Aaron is saved when Derek's phone buzzes. "Your chariot has arrived, gentleman. It's a navy Suburban. Driver is John," Penelope texts.

"Alright men, the Uber is here. But this conversation ain't over," Derek says to Aaron and the rest of the guys with a chuckle as they head outside. Aaron just shakes his head as Dave pats his back, Derek and Spencer already halfway out the door.

"You got this," Dave says. "Remember what I told you?"

"I remember," Aaron says as they get in the car.