Chapter 14

The ladies are back on some BS tonight...whatever shall it be??? xxx

Eliza wakes up later the next day, about 11 AM, and sees a text from Madison.

"Where were you this morning?!"

"Late date night...I'll tell ya next week xo"

She then gets up to start her day. She has an event for work, a luncheon followed by a GW lacrosse match. Luckily, the dress is much more casual. She grabs her favorite GW tee shirt, comfy white jeans, and espadrille sandals with navy gingham ribbon that wrap around her ankles. She finishes her look with her favorite Fendi sunglasses before heading out to the event.

 She finishes her look with her favorite Fendi sunglasses before heading out to the event

She gets to her car and her phone starts buzzing like crazy. It's the girls' group chat:

"We'd better get the MF TEA on last night's date redo!!!" Penelope says.

"You already know, and boy do I have a lot to say..." Eliza teases.

"Oh dear Lord," Emily replies, a little worried on just what her sister will have to divulge.

"How's 6:30 tonight? Mama needs a comfy wine night after squeezing into that dress last week. Lol," JJ asks.

"Perfecto; I should be done working by then. See you bitches then xo," Eliza replies before heading to work.

-

After getting Jack to his friend's house, Aaron heads home and flips on the TV. His phone buzzes, and he goes to check it.

"Good time last night?" Dave texts.

"Very," Aaron replies.

"The ribeye is pretty good there, huh?"

"Yep," Aaron lies, flashbacks of what took place instead of their originally scheduled dinner plans soon flooding his memory.

"Is that...a lie?"

Aaron pauses to come up with something to say. When he doesn't answer quickly enough, his phone starts to ring.

"Yes?" Aaron asks.

"You're lying," Dave replies, clearly upset. "Don't tell me you cancelled last night?"

"No no, not at all...the plans...just, changed," Aaron says, blushing as he speaks.

"Say no more, I see I've asked too much...if you ever need a babysitter on the fly, you just say the word."

"Thanks, Dave." Aaron says, hanging up and returning to his TV.

-

Soon enough, 6:30 rolls around, and Eliza opens her door to her best friends rolling into her home.

"We come bearing gifts, sweet child," Penelope says, wielding a giant charcuterie board.

"Why thank you, pretty women," Eliza says, seeing JJ with brownies and Emily with four bottles of wine. "One for each of us, and they're already chilled," she remarks. "I even have giant bendy straws!"