Chapter 5

The girls all pile in the back of their Uber as they head to the club.

"Oh my good GODDDD, I cannot BELIEVE this is happening!!! You have to tell us EVERYTHING about your little date! After all, you were a little late," Penelope teases.

"Jesus H, do I wanna know?" Emily says.

"Simmer down girlies, nothing like THAT happened! We hit traffic."

"Ahhh traffic, SUREEE," Penelope says.

"Do you wanna hear about it or not?!" Eliza asks.

"Not really," Emily says.

"Ignore your sister. PLEASE continue," Penelope says.

Eliza starts. "It was pretty simple really; he came in, hugged, brought me flowers—"

"He brought flowers?? My God that is sweet. What kind?" Penelope inquires.

"Pink peonies," Eliza replies softly.

"Those are literally your favorite; what are the chances?" JJ says with a smile.

"Do you think he found your Vogue video? If so, I swear to God—" Emily starts.

"OK FBI, relax! I don't know, and I honestly don't care...You're telling me you've never done that?! Anyway...I put the flowers away, I poured drinks, and we just talked. We figured out the whole BAU connection, but he really didn't care."

"How did he respond?" JJ asks.

"He was definitely nervous, and so was I. He learned how Emily and I became sisters, and I felt bad for rambling, but he was sweet about it. I said I wouldn't be upset if he just wanted to leave right then and there, but then he paused before saying, and I QUOTE, 'Well, I mean, you're not part of the Bureau,' and—"

"That is smooth as fuck," Penelope says.

"I thought so too, but just you wait. I told him a little about me, the degree and the promotion. Piano. Dabbling in modeling, the usual. We flirted back and forth throughout, then I poured more drinks, and as I'm doing that, my favorite song from my '50s/'60s playlist comes on, and I look up and he's standing there asking me to DANCE."

"STOPPPP, you shared a slow dance to TRUST IN ME?!" Penelope asks.

"I sure did..." Eliza says with a smile, blushing.

"Ohhh, and you LIKED it, too," JJ says.

"Is it that obvious?" Eliza says shyly.

"I'm afraid so; you're blushing like crazy!!!" Penelope adds, which makes Eliza feel the flush in her cheeks. From her seat, Emily looks ready to throw up.

"Sooooo, what happened next?" JJ asks.

"If you mean to ask me if we KISSED, then the answer would be a yes..." Eliza says. Emily facepalms and stays quiet.

"Oh my GOD, what a CHARMER," Penelope says. "Who would've thought?!"

Eliza stays red. "I know it. After that, I poured us each a third drink and he told me more about him. How he's Unit Chief, how he's doing the Capitol Hill Triathlon, the usual. Oh yeah, before that, he told me about his son."

"He told you about Jack?" Emily asks. "Did you ask him that?"

"Not exactly. I asked him how we hadn't met beforehand, and he said he'd missed a lot of team bonding nights, and I asked him why that was, then he told me." Eliza replies.

"Seriously?" Emily asks.

"Uh yeah, seriously. I felt bad; I felt like I pried, but he really didn't care." She says, confused at Emily's tone. "He showed me a picture of them, and we just kept talking. What is it?" Eliza asks.

"I—I'm just having a harder time with this than I thought I guess." Emily says.

"Oh," Eliza says. Everyone goes quiet, just in time for the car to stop at the club. They thank the driver and head out. Eliza goes to up to Emily just outside of the door.

"Emily, I'm really sorry that I sprung this on you. I know it can't be easy, but honestly, there really wasn't a better way. He and I both agreed that we'd just show up. And I didn't think it'd be something I should just text you all about. You know if it were a different situation or if we'd gone out on a date just us beforehand that I probably would've mentioned it."

"Probably?" Emily replies, clearly upset now. "I would hope you would've." She pauses in her tracks, sensing some hurt in her sister's eyes. "I'm sorry, Eliza. I know you would've if things were different. I'm not trying to ruin your night or make it about me... it's just weird for me right now is all."

"I totally understand. Do you want to talk more about it at brunch tomorrow?" Eliza asks.

"That sounds good. Let's just enjoy the night," Emily says with a smile, reaching out to hug her sister.

"Thank you. That sounds good." Eliza says. As they leave the hug, the boys' car shows up, and they walk up to Eliza and Emily, JJ and Penelope already inside. "Alrighty boys, ready to get drunk?" She asks, rubbing her hands together.

"Hell yeah, lil mama. Let's ride!" Derek says, taking her hand before they run off with Spencer and Emily, laughing along the way.

Dave pats Aaron's back as they walk in to join their friends. "Relax, Aaron. This is just the beginning."