Chapter 22

Eliza, Madison, and Ian arrive at their location, some sort of abandoned warehouse, and Ian ties Eliza to a chair.

"What the fuck do you want with me?" She asks angrily and annoyed.

"I'm here to make you pay," Madison says.

"For what? What have I done to hurt you?"

"Are you fucking kidding me, Eliza? You have EVERYTHING I could never get, even after I fucked your man." Sam then enters slowly from the dark.

"Sam?" Eliza asks with hurt in her voice.

"Eliza," he scoffs.

"Enough of this," Ian says. "We're not here for your petty bullshit. We're here to lure this brat's sister and her team into our trap!" Ian points at Eliza.

"No no no...you leave them out of it," Eliza says, terrified. "We can settle whatever you want. Just us. Name a price."

"I don't think so, love," Ian says, approaching to brush Eliza's cheek, which she tries to squirm away from. "You see, it's your sister than I'm really after. You see, we have a bit of a history, she and I."

"You won't get to her. It sounds like she outsmarted you before, and she'll do it again. They all will. Besides, you all can't even decide what the fuck you want with me," Eliza retorts, annoyance and anger boiling over.

"You shut your mouth!" Ian says, backhanding Eliza. "Now...where is your sister?"

"I don't know."

Ian hits Eliza again, and she shrieks. "I SAID...where is your sister?!"

"How the FUCK am I supposed to know? You took me and have me here. Do I look like I have a sixth fucking sense?!" Eliza yells.

"Shut the fuck up, all of you! I'm not done with her," Madison says.

"Jesus, what the fuck now?" Eliza scoffs.

"Excuse me?"

"Did I stutter? I said, 'what the fuck now?', Madison. You know, you're making it pretty fucking clear that you're jealous as shit of me. Why else would you have attached yourself to me at SoulCycle like a goddamn tapeworm? Or you know, kidnapped me with help from Mr. IRA? Or fucked my fiancé? If you can call sex with him fucking," Eliza snaps, trying to get under Madison's and Sam's skin.

"What the fuck does that mean?" Sam asks.

"Ahh, so he speaks. You know, I think it's sufficed to say that you didn't exactly last very long when we did go at it...that is, whenever you could get it up."

"You're such a whore," Sam scoffs, crossing his arms.

"What's the matter, Sammy?" Eliza says, knowing just how much he hates that name. "Can't handle a woman who outdid you at every turn?"

"That's it, I'm ending this!" Sam says, grabbing a knife.

"No!" Ian says, snatching the knife from Sam. "No. We have to lure them all here before we kill her."

"Good fucking luck. They're gonna beat you, and it'll be another win for team Prentiss." Eliza says.

"Listen, ma cherie; just because I'm keeping you alive for now, doesn't mean I can't have my fun with you," Ian says, very sinister and sadistic as he cuts into Eliza's arms and punches her already-sore stomach, causing her to scream and writhe in her chair. "Nous devons vous garder tranquille."

"Nous allons gagner," Eliza spits through gritted teeth, growing weaker by the second before passing out.

-

The team speeds to the BAU and heads to the roundtable room.

"So how do you know Ian Doyle?" Spencer asks.

"Doyle was one of my assignments with Interpol," Emily starts. "We were trying to tap into his faction of the IRA, and I was assigned to learn more about their weapons trading."

"How close did you get to him?" JJ asks.

"Too close," Emily says. "We—we had a relationship."

"Jesus," Derek says softly, shaking his head. "How did your assignment end?"

"We got to France, and the authorities took him from there. Last I heard, he was locked up in North Korea. Oh God...I think he may be after me. He's ruthless."

"And Eliza was his way of getting to you, and with their connections to her, Madison and Sam would be the perfect accomplices." Spencer asks.

"Garcia, what have you found?" Aaron asks.

"North Korean officials reported Doyle's escape three months ago. Seems he was smuggled out."

"Do you know by whom?"

"Their report...ohhhh. Report of a blonde woman with a wrist tattoo and a dark-haired man with a beard."

"Madison and Sam," Dave says. "Any info on how they linked up with Doyle?"

"Madison's father was a client in the arms trade, and nothing for Sam besides the phone records."

"She was the one he cheated with," Aaron says.

"How do you know?" Spencer asks.

"I don't, but their correspondence started before their shared correspondence with Doyle. It's something we should work with when we find them. Garcia, where does Sam work? Anything involving abandoned property? What about GPS for Doyle's associates? He wouldn't be involved in this sort of operation without backup from his men."

"Sam is a flutist with the National Symphony Orchestra, but his father handles commercial real estate across the eastern seaboard, and—oh oh!"

"What is it?" Derek asks.

"I've got five of Doyle's men's cell phones pinging from an abandoned warehouse a half hour from here, and you now have the coordinates."

"Let's go," Aaron says, erupting from his chair, the rest following.