Chapter 32

Five weeks later, Eliza is returning from her the bulk of her work with Chanel—first the shoot in Paris, followed by some press events there, New York, and Los Angeles. She's barely been home, as each event wasn't consecutive and she visited some GW grads in each city, but the BAU was gone on cases for the bulk of that time, anyway. The day she gets back to DC, she learns the team is getting back from a case and heading straight into paperwork, so she decides to stop by to visit with everyone and take Aaron to lunch. She's wearing her glasses, a cream-colored sweater, her mother's pearls, black Gucci statement pants, a Burberry trench coat, Chanel flats (of course), and a chic low bun. The rest of the team isn't back when she gets there, so she heads toward Penelope's office and knocks.

"Well, bonsoir, beautiful! Don't you look quintessentially French," Penelope gets up to give Eliza a hug

"Well, bonsoir, beautiful! Don't you look quintessentially French," Penelope gets up to give Eliza a hug. "I've missed you!"

"I've missed you, too! I can't wait to tell you everything," Eliza replies. "But before I forget..." Eliza reaches into her bag and pulls out some little plastic figurines from Laduree and three bottles of Chanel No. 5. "I literally have hundreds of bottles laying around, so just say the word if you want more."

"Ugh, so cute! Thank you," Penelope says

"Ugh, so cute! Thank you," Penelope says. All of a sudden, Eliza winces and clutches her stomach. "You good over there?"

"Yeah yeah, I'm ok...just a little queasy," Eliza says. "I haven't felt so hot the past week; must be all the traveling."

"Yeah, your sleep schedule has got to be royally effed with all the back-and-forth time changes."

"You're probably right. I don't know, I've just been really...foggy I guess is the right word? And then the nausea today and yesterday...just need to readjust and stay in one place for a bit, I guess."

"Probably...that or you're pregnant." Penelope laughs, brushing that last part off. She then sees Eliza's eyes go wide and hears her gasp.

"E? You ok? Are you gonna vom?" Penelope asks concerned.

"Penelope...what day is today?" Eliza asks.

"It's Monday."

"No no no...the number."