Epilogue

A little over a year later, it's now Eliza's and Aaron's wedding day—June 10. They toured several places to marry, but Eliza had her heart set on Union Station, so that is what they chose. That day, the girls get ready at the penthouse before heading to the ceremony—Emily as maid of honor, of course, and Penelope and JJ as bridesmaids clad in champagne-colored gowns. Aaron's brother Sean and Jack were his best men, and Dave, Derek, and Spencer were the groomsmen, dressed sleekly in black and white tuxes.

While Vogue and other publications boasted that Eliza would most certainly wear Chanel for the big day, she didn't. She wore Carolina Herrera instead, her subtle ode to the Carolina dress she wore the night she and Aaron got engaged. It was strapless and asymmetrical, and it fit her in all of the right places. She accessorized with a long sleek veil, custom white Louboutins (something new), and her late mother's diamond teardrop earrings from her wedding day (something old). On the ribbon of her bouquet of white and pink peonies was a sapphire brooch of her grandmother's that her mother lent her (something borrowed and blue). Her hair was in a sleek low bun, and her makeup was glowy and glam, but just enough. She took one last look in her full-length mirror before leaving, her girls and her mother surrounding her.

 She took one last look in her full-length mirror before leaving, her girls and her mother surrounding her

"You are so beautiful, Eliza," her mother says

"You are so beautiful, Eliza," her mother says. Penelope beams from her place and dabs at the tears in her eyes.

"Thank you," Eliza replies.

"Are you ready?" JJ asks happily.

Eliza beams back. "I'm ready." Emily squeezes her arm as they all head downstairs and into the car toward Union Station.

-

The procession soon starts, everyone else entering to Clair de Lune. 

Aaron and Jack enter together with the minister, followed by Penelope and Derek, JJ and Spencer, and Emily and Sean. Soon after, Dave, Elizabeth, and Eliza enter to Beethoven's Sonata No. 8 in C Minor. Eliza had made Aaron choose the entrance piano music after playing several different selections, and this was his favorite for her entrance. 

As soon as he sees her, he breaks down crying. When Eliza reaches him, she wipes the tears from Aaron's face as her own eyes mist up. Before exchanging rings, they each say their vows to each other, with one surprise for Aaron beforehand.

"Before we exchange rings, the bride would like to make another set of vows." The minister says. Sean brings Jack beside Aaron, and Eliza squats down to say her vows to Jack. Aaron puts the pieces together and cries again.

"Hi," she greets him softly, taking his hand and squeezing it gently. He smiles back at her. "Today is a big day for me and your dad, but it's also a big day for you too, so I wanted to let you know how I'll always be here for you. So..." she starts, and there's not a dry eye in the place anymore. "I promise to love you, to be there for you, and to protect you as fiercely as I can. I promise to listen to what you have to say each day, on the good days and the bad days. I promise to support you and encourage you in all of your interests, and to keep teaching you piano as much as you want." She smiles at him before continuing, tearing up getting to this specific line. "But most importantly," she starts, choking up, "I promise to always remind you, each and every day, how much your mom loves you and is with you in all that you do." She squeezes his hand again before opening up her arms for a hug and smiling back at him before he returns to his spot beside his uncle.

Eliza stands back up and wipes Aaron's tears again before they exchange rings and the minister pronounces them as married. Once that happens, everyone cheers as they kiss and make their exit to Vivaldi's Spring and begin their new life—now married, and always smitten.

And, just like that, it's finished :( thank you soooo much again for the love toward this story. It is something so special to me, and I'm glad so many of you like it, too! I've got another story idea brewing, so we'll see how fruitful it is and then maybe pursue it. Until then, y'all! xoxoxo