Chapter 12

"Hi," Emily texts. "Can we talk more now?"

"Of course."

"Well, just so you know, the team knows about your date."

"What? How??" She asks, wondering if Penelope spilled to Derek.

"Derek and I caught him chatting with Rossi. Don't worry; he refused to give any details."

"Well, isn't he a gentleman," Eliza says. "How are you doing?"

"I'm ok," Emily replies. "I really am. I feel better about everything now, and I know you've always had good intentions. I may have barely seen Aaron talking to Dave just now, but the way he was beaming about you gave me all the reassurance I needed. :)"

"Beaming, huh? Well that makes me feel good."

"It should! SO, are you going to tell me more now??"

"Do you want to know?"

"I sure do...Spill."

"Perfect." Eliza starts to text her about what happened, minus the part where she confided in him about their sister fight. After a minute or two, Emily's jaw suddenly drops, so Derek grabs her phone to see, Emily unable to keep it from him in time. He sees the part about where Aaron commented on Eliza's dress, and his eyes go wide.

"Oh brother, I am SO stealing that line," he says, looking straight at Aaron, laughing.

"What line?" Dave asks. "Aaron? Don't you want to share the wealth?"

"Not particularly," Aaron says, blushing.

"Allow me," Derek says, clearing his throat. "'Hey baby, you're wearing that dress like you're doing it a favor...' Now where in the HELL did you come up with that?!"

"That's not—that isn't—that—"

"Did I tell you or did I tell you?" Rossi asks, interrupting Aaron's stuttering. "Smitten."

"You know, a state of being smitten isn't actually quantifiable by any sort of stand—" Reid pops in from the other end of the jet.

"Reid, would you pack it UP, man? If he and Eliza keep this up, we could get extra vacation time," Derek says, Reid going quiet.

"Sure," Hotch says sarcastically.

"You didn't actually think that this wouldn't get around, right?" Rossi asks, turning his attention back to Aaron.

"No," Aaron replies. "I just thought I'd have more time."

"No time like the present, Aaron. You'd better buckle up, because I think you're about to be on quite the ride." Rossi muses.

-

Friday soon rolls around, and everyone has settled back into their work after the excitement on the jet. Aaron's laser focus on the latest report is interrupted by Eliza.

"Afternoon, Agent...still on for 7:00 tonight? xx"

"Absolutely. I'll see you then."

"Do I get a hint on what we're doing? I want to dress appropriately ;)"

"I want you in that dress again."

"Your wish is my command. xx"

Eliza soon receives a text from Penelope in her group chat with the other three girls. "Any idea on what to wear tonight??"

"Well I asked him how I should dress, and he said, 'I want you in that dress again.'"

"Ayyyyooooooo," Penelope says.

"We stan an assertive king," JJ replies.

"Good for him. Don't fuck with any wishy-washy mess," Emily adds.

"I could never, dear sister," Eliza replies. Soon enough, it's 5 PM, and both she and the team over at Quantico soon depart for the weekend. Eliza arrives home at about 5:20; she lives very close to the university. She locks up and heads upstairs to freshen up and get ready. She recreates virtually all of her look from Sunday, except her hair is in a top knot bun instead of straightened. Once again, she polishes off with more Daisy by Marc Jacobs. By the time she is ready, it's 6:30, so she heads back downstairs to pour some wine and put on some music for some alone time, opting for Harry Styles. Soon enough, it's 7:00 on the dot, and Aaron rings the bell. She shuts off the music and finishes the rest of her wine as she heads for the door.

"Hello there," Eliza says, leaning against the open door and taking in Aaron's frame. Today he's wearing a light gray quarter zip, black jeans, dark brown dress shoes, and the same Gucci sunglasses.

"Hello yourself," Aaron says, smirking some as he looks her up and down.

"Is this what you wanted?" Eliza asks, batting her eyelashes and showing off her dress.

"Sure is...and it's even better than I remember."

"Good," she says, getting on her toes to give him a strong kiss, putting her arms around the back of his neck and pulling him toward her as his hands encircle her waist. They pull away after a few moments. "I've been waiting five whole days to do that," Eliza says with a smirk over a shoulder as she steps out of the penthouse. She doesn't move her feet an inch further before Aaron grabs her waist and pulls her back to him. He looks into her eyes.

"I'm not done yet," Aaron says with the same tight grip as before.

"Then you'd better get inside," Eliza says without hesitation. He goes to kiss her, but she pulls away, teasing him. She can feel his eyes graze her body from behind as she lets him inside. She ushers him inside, closing and locking the door behind her before Aaron scoops her up to get them both upstairs to her bedroom, kissing her on the way.

Stuff is getting *spicy!* I hope you all are enjoying this book! LMK what ya think <33