See Ya

"Hi" Taehyung started walking beside you while you were on your way home.

"Hi" you said, looking the other way to hide your smile.

"Are you free tonight?" He asked.

"Why?" you asked cockily.

"My roommates are hosting a party and I'd like to invite you."

"I don't attend parties anymore."

"8pm. I'll text you my address. Be there." He said, unaffected by your previous statement and started walking away, leaving you staring in awe as he marched on.

"I don't promise I'll be there..." you huffed, out of breath from catching up with his long strides, "But what do I wear if I do show up?"

"Something casual and sexy." Taehyung smirked as he turned, leaving your once-bratty self standing with a surprised look on your face.

"W-wait!" you ran behind him. "Irrespective of whether I come, you don't have my number."

"Right." he peered at you through his eyes as he shoved his phone in your hands and you entered your number. "See ya." He winked and left, making you smile as you turned back to return home.

You came out of the shower, your robe wrapped around your body, and dug through your drawer for a tee and shorts. You had taken a shower after coming home since you didn't really feel like going to Taehyung's party. Your roommates were hosting a party downstairs, just like every other night, when all you could do is make sure your door was locked and that they'd put up a "no-entry-upstairs" sign at the first stair. You never mixed with them, leaving them alone to party and invite new people over almost everyday. You had to move into that house because your mother was friends with one of their mothers and she insisted you moved in there, blind to what activities her daughter was indulging in.

You hardly knew anyone in town and were annoyed by the people who wanted to get to know you better. Nobody seemed to be able to take place of your previous best friend and you were still adapting, so you weren't keen on being social either. Although she insisted that you move on as she would never be with you for a long term again because she was moving to another country, you always dodged her requests and somehow managed to sit in the shell you had created around yourself.

But you knew you couldn't keep away your true nature from surfacing eventually. When you were in high school, you loved parties and outdoor activities, you were always part of organising them and most of the time, you were the one who dragged your best friend to these parties, which she would attend only because you would beg her. After shifting to this town, you had changed completely. Doing things you never thought you would do like not socialising, not making friends with people. Not opening up.

You stood staring at yourself in the mirror, hands in your pockets as you shifted your weight from leg to leg. You slowly walked towards your closet, biting your lip as you pulled out a pair of jeans and a sleeveless shirt uncertainly. You changed into them, smiling to yourself as you found your old self slowly for the first time in months. You applied some lipstick and eyeliner, dancing on the music being played downstairs.

"This one's for you babe." You looked at the printed selfie with your best friend which was taped to the mirror.

You unlocked your phone and saw a message from an unknown number that had an address. You saved the number as "Tae" and slipped the phone in your pocket.

You checked the time as your heart beat faster by the second, raising your knuckles to make contact with the door. You were a bit late but you could always tell them that you fell asleep. The door opened and the music inside magnified as a man, strikingly handsome and his expressions calm, but one you hadn't seen before stood inside.