The Boy At Your Doorstep

You walked out of the building, catching your breath as your heart beat fast. You didn't know what those boys did to you but you had never felt it before. It felt like you wanted to be cautious of every word you would say in front of them. Usually, all your relationships were casual. You were the one leading those relationships, the dominant. But they somehow made you feel a submissive side you never thought you had. You were excited to see where this friendship went.

You turned at the corner of the lane where you had currently rented a room. You squinted to see someone in a leather jacket sitting at your doorstep.

Cautiously approaching the man who had gripped his head you stood beside him. He appeared to be in pain, his eyes crinkled up as the hold on his head became stronger.

"Sir?" you squeaked. He looked up at you, panting as his eyes teared up.

"I'm sorry. I'll move. I have a bad migraine." he sniffled.

He got up to walk as you stood there, biting your lip, but stumbled and grabbed the railing.

"You seem to be in a really bad shape. Can I help you in any way?" you hesitated.

"Water and a Paracetamol would really help." He looked at you, standing up straight.

You unlocked your door and went in, your mind still not trusting this stranger.

Limping inside with the support of the door and furniture, the man sat himself on the couch, resting his head on the neck rest and closing his eyes, clearly expecting you to bring him the pill and water.

You locked the door and stood in the hallway, thinking of how you could ensure if he was genuinely sick or not. If not, then you atleast didn't want to leave him there as you went upstairs to your room, scrounging for the medicine.

You tiptoed to the drawer beside the couch, where you knew you had kept something that could ensure he stays in place. Bending over the couch, you fastened the pink handcuffs, one to his hand and the other to the handle of the couch. He groaned, not realizing when the soft handcuff attached him to the couch and before he could open his eyes, you ran outside the room, slipping the key in a pocket.

You were back after a few minutes, to see the man still seated in place, his eyes half open now.

"Here." you handed him a glass and uncuffed him, as he sat there confused.

"I'm sorry I had to do that I... couldn't trust you." you blurted, avoiding his gaze.

He only giggled weakly, swallowing the pill and drinking water slowly, his eyes remained closed and for the first time, you admired his radiant face. His turned up nose moved with his lips which were wrapped around the rim of the glass, his large hands holding the glass. His soft brown hair fell on his forehead, ruffled from the hold he had earlier. He sighed as he put the glass down and took out his phone, as you sat down on the opposite chair.

"I'm texting a friend to pick me up. He'll be down the lane if it makes you uncomfortable to have some random guy come at your doorstep."

Even though he had said he would go till the end of the lane to be picked, he didn't really look like he was in the state to physically manage that.

"It's alright. He can pick you up from here." you pursed your lips in a sympathetic smile.

"Thanks. For helping me and also for allowing him to come here." he said as he put his phone away after typing for a few seconds.

"You're welcome... I hope you get well soon." you smiled.

"The migraine isn't really recurrent but I get it when I'm stressed."

"It's weird asking you this now... But what's your name?" you tucked a strand of hair behind your ear as you awkwardly smiled.

"Hoseok." He beamed, as his face radiated, a glow weaker than usual you assumed, but it still made you feel warmth and hope.

"Hi Hoseok. I'm Snow." you laughed.

There was a knock on the door and you sprang up, straightening your skirt as Hoseok moved ahead to open the door.

"That must be Jimin." he mumbled. You nodded, and he braced his hand on the lock. It struck you a moment later.

"Wait, who?" you almost yelled, a surprised look on your face.

The door had been opened and sure enough, it was the same boy from school, standing at your doorstep in the same clothes he had worn to school that day.

"Snow?!"

"Wait a min. Is he your friend?" you asked the man holding the door open, his mouth agape and a confused look on his face, his eyes darting between the two of you.

"Yes, you two know each other?"

"She's in mine and Taehyung's college." Jimin answered Hoseok.

"You know Taehyung too?!" you yelled at Hoseok.

"We're all roommates!" He flinched while answering you.

"Oh my god. Oh my God." you repeated as you paced around the room. "Okay we should discuss this sometime later. Hoseok's sick you should take him home. Take Care." you said, your eyebrows furrowed, unable to process the train of events that had taken place.

"Right..... Thanks for helping him though. See you at College." Jimin smiled, taking Hoseok's hand and leading his outside.

You smiled back at them, closing the door as they got into Jimin's car, driving away.

You nodded to yourself, smiling as you thought of the thin chance that you met three hot guys, all roommates, in a single day. While questioning all the chances and possibilities, you knew one thing for sure.

That you wouldn't mind getting acquainted with them.

--------

:)