No matter what

(Tommy's P.O.V.)
Me and my brothers had some meetings with potential recruits for a job. It had been going on for hours and it was quite boring to be honest. Most men that came in weren't good enough for the job or had a record with the police which makes them inreliable. I sat back in my chair and sighed and rubbed my temple in annoyence. "How many left?" I ask and look at Finn. He turns his head to look into the public room from the Garrison. Turning back he answered "just one left". I nodd and move my hand to tell Finn the next one could come in. "Daddy!" I heard the familiar voice of Fievel yell through the Garrison. Finn steps aside as Filly runs through the doorway and towards me. Ada was quick to follow in our private room. "I'm sorry Tommy" she said and picked up Filly. "He knew you guys where here and wanted to see you". Filly started to trash around in Ada's arms trying to get free. Arthur chuckled as he saw this. Everyone of us knows if Filly wants something he'll do anything in his power to get what he wants. And this time he wanted to be with us. "He can stay. We have one left. We'll see ya out Poll's" I said and nodded for Ada to let Filly go. She let out a relieved breath and let go of Fievel. He immediatly crawled underneath the table and climbed on the booth inbetween Arthur and John. Before chatting his mouth away to them. Ada said her goodbye and left the Garrison. "Alright, Filly. You can stay but you gotta be quiet" I told him and got a nod in responce. John had handed him his pocketwatch. He immediatly rolled the top changing the time. John didn't really mind. He would change the time when we are having dinner with everyone. The last person came into the room and he took his hat off. I looked him up and down. "All right, then. Name" Arthur asked the lad, "the Digbeth kid" the young man answered, "the Dig... what are you? A boxer?". "Digbeth Kid, like Billy the kid" he responded. You could hear the nerves in his voice. "Spend a lot of time at the pictures, aye?" Cowboy pictures? Tom Mix? Yeah?" I asked and he nodded. The lad pulled his coat back and reached for a gun. Immediatly John and Arthur reached for theirs and pointed it at him. I saw that Arthur had leaned in front of Filly in protection. "Wait, wait. It's not a real gun" he explained. I stood up "let's have a look then". "It's made of wood" he told me. I grabbed the wooden gun and inspected it before chuckling. I pointed it at my brothers and faked shooting them. "Bang Bang". Arthur fake shot his gun and John faked his death. I saw Filly lool at me with wide eyes he was interested in it. I handed him the wooden gun and we all watched him fake shoot at me before we went back to our conversation. He told us that his sister made the gunbelt. It wasn't a suprise to me that he wasn't arrested yet. Having no criminal record was good. We could stand him up. "First offence, you'll get a week inside. We'll give you five quid for your trouble. How does that sound cow-boy?" I asked the young bloke. He nodded excited and agreed to be stood up. "Write your adress down for Finn on your way out" I explained to him and grabbed the newspaper, "I can't write" he replied. "That's all right, Finn can't read" John said with a chuckle. Not long after Digbeth kid left we also left the Garrison.

While dinner was being served a knock on Aunt Poll's door was heard. Everyone stoppes what they were doing and gave each other confusing looks. Nobody dares to knock on one of our doors at this time. Polly put down the pan and walked to the door as we all waited in silence. Suddenly a man came walking in and made a big mistake. He grabbed Filly by the arm and pulled him with him. Everyone immediatly stood up and Arthur punched the man straight in the jaw as he was the closest. Filly was let go and I quickly grabbed him and moved him behind me. "Arthur" I said low, telling him to stop beating the man up. Arthur stopped and  held the man by his throat. The man was bloodied and bruised. I approached the man after Esme had picked up Filly and started comforting him. "Who the fuck are you" I sneered at him, "Mr Tran's friend" he responded with a glare. "And who is this Tran?" John snapped at him, "his biological father" he said with a smirk and nodded towards Fievel. I felt my fist clench and I quickly looked at Fievel who was burrying his face in Esme neck. "And he wants him back". I pushed Arthur away grabbed the man in anger and pulled him with me towards the door. I threw him on the street and pulled my gun on him. "You run along now and tell your friend that he will never take my son from md" I growled at him in anger and waved the gun. He glared "don't mess with Tran, Thomas. He will get what he wants no matter what". He soon got up and walked to his car before leaving. I quickly went back inside and retrieved Filly from Esme hugging him tight. I reminded myself that he was still here with me.

Published: 19 of November 2020