comment pls, I thrive on them

January 10, Monday 2020

[Jeno + Jaemin]

   Decked out in their black and neon green— sorry, he meant Neo Pearl Champagne green soccer uniforms, they walked out the locker room and had unintentionally ran into someone. After apologizing and leaving, Jeno couldn't help but notice, "Hey Jaemin..."

"Hm?" His pink haired boyfriend turned to look at him as they walked back to the field and bleachers.

"Don't you think that kid... doesn't he fit the description of Shotaro's crush?"

Jaemin thought about it for a second, glancing back to the lockroom, black worn hoodie... paint platters jeans... brown hair... wide deer-like eyes... "oHO Jeno... You're right! And if he's here... coach said we're having a new player—" -gasp- "He's on the team with us... interesting...."

Without needing to be told, Jeno could tell that his boyfriend was already scheming on how he can play matchmaker by the small smirk on his face. And sure enough-

"Injoonie likes to watch us practice while doing his homework— we can ask him to drag Taro with him next practice on Wednesday!" His voice rose a few octaves as he spoke. Jeno could only sigh with a smile as he watching his boyfriend have a goofy smile on his face began planning Wednesday's practice to be able to test the new kid and see what Shotaro thinks of him.

[Sungchan]

Is someone watching me? Maybe he was just paranoid- Maybe it was the one guy from earlier... he thought about the jet black haired player —who turned out to be the team captain, whoo-hoo— who had side eyed him before at the locker rooms as he looked around, standing in the middle of the field in the mock game. Looking towards the acting goalie, he saw the the same captain –Jeno, he learned his name when being introduced to the team–, watching him.

Is it my clothes? Being new to the team, he hadn't gotten the uniform yet and today had came out the locker room wearing a plain white long sleeved shirt and black sports sweatpants, but thankfully he was given some cleats so that he could play.

   While trying to figure out any visible flaws about himself, trying to figure out why the Jeno would be watching him he was looking more towards the ground than in front of him which resulted in—

   "Yah! Keep your eye on the ball Sungchan!" He heard the voice of the coach yell from some ways away as he curled up in fetal position, the soccer ball rolling away from where he was.

   "I'm— I'm fine..." Without realizing when he was in thought, someone had kicked the ball over to him, intending to pass it to him but unfortunately, they kicked the ball a bit too high and didn't realize Sungchan hadn't been paying attention which had the ball hit him directly in the area where the sun doesn't shine.

   One of the senior players on the team Sungyoon, ran over, "Oh my god! I didn't mean to hit you...especially there." Sungchan, still wheezing on the grass, could vaguely hear some other kids who were somewhat crowding around mutter 'I felt that... and I was on the other side of the field...'.

After a minute the pain had died down and we was able to walk and play again, helping his team score goals with sharp and fast swings and passes.

Time Skip brought to you by
It's Awkward, but it's Okay

He unlocked the front door, quietly stepping inside. He stood still once he closed the door behind him, listening.

.

.

.

His tensed muscles relaxed hearing no existence of anyone else in the house. He ran up the steps, finally able to walk up with quick, heavier, bounce-like steps rather than the slow and light steps he'd had to use for the last few weeks when his mother and step father would be home.

Walking normally down the short hall he unlocked the door to his room, locking it when he wasn't in it had been a habit he had grown after.... an incident that happened some years ago...

-flashback-

A ten year old boy entered the house, finding the door unlocked which was unusual, usually he had to use the key hanging around his neck to open it. But as he stepped into the house he was in shock. The living room was completely destroyed. The sofa was laying on its back, vases were shattered with murky water and ruined flowers among the shards. The entrance side table was on the floor at his feet, a leg broken off and the pristine porcelain bowl his mother would use to keep her keys in was broken into ten uneven pieces. Little trinkets and that used to sit on coffee and side tables and the Tv stand were thrown on the floor.

While the whole sight was appalling, what frightened him most were the fist sized holes in the walls, traces of blood were on the broken dry wall that had fallen on the ground.

He carefully made his way upstairs, looking at the pictures of his mother, him, and his late father that's glass were either cracked or broke as well. The upstairs hallways look the same, nothing out the ordinary. He turned to go into his bedroom when he realized the door to his mother's room was wide open.

   Peering inside, he found his mother crying on the floor, knuckles bloody and clothes ragged and dirty, her own room looking awful and trashed as well.

   He didn't bother to speak to her, going to his own room when–

His eyes widened even more when he saw the state of his room. Papers –probably old schoolwork– were thrown everywhere on the floor, many of his own little trinkets were found on the opposite side of the room from where he originally had them. And the many pictures of him and his father that were on his wall were ripped up and scattered through out the room.

After his father's passing his mother wouldn't tolerate any pictures of the man, and he had only just barely manage to let him keep the ones in his room... and now they were all destroyed... gone.

— end of flashback —

He laid on his back on his bed, looking around at the bare walls. He took out his phone from his pocket, taking off the case and sliding out a old, and half ripped photo. While cleaning up his room that day he had found a single photo of him and his father, the bottom half was ripped, leaving only their chest and above in tact. He cherished the photo, being the last photo of his father, most of his memories from ten years ago are faded, and he can't remember much of the kind man; he was only seven when he got deprived of a father.

_______________________

*not edited*

Thoughts?

This chapter was a little messy I think, but oh well, what can I do? lol

Yo like, the Awkward but ts okay, like, I'm just waiting for an episode with Yuta with Xiaojun or Hendery, like lowkey those two be intimidated by him lol

Soooo there's the chapter, Sungchan meets Jeno and Jaemin

I wonder how long I can keep up the tri-weekly updates lol