Warning:
I do not know CPR, I am just saying what I vaguely remember learning last year in health class, and then again, what I learned last year didn't say anything about how to CPR someone who drowned so..... don't follow anything in this chapter
•idk what drowning or near death experiences feel like so...

•quick reminder to y'all (and myself lol) Sungchan dad left/died when he was 7, and his mother began losing her shit when he was 10 and began abusing him then, at 11 his mom remarried and his stepdad abused him as well (if any of this info is different than what I've said in previous chapter theeeen... this is now the actually info.)

[Shotaro]

"I can!"

"You can do CPR?" Mark asked from where he was kneeing at Sungchan's legs when he was interrupted by Donghyuck, "If you can do it, do it!"

Hearing the others, he crossed his hands together, palm on the younger's chest, and began chest compressions. He had to remember his training, what was it? Chest compressions thirty times then mouth to mouth, right? And then repeat... okay, okay I got this!

   For second he wasn't sure whether if needing to do the mouth to mouth would be a good thing or a bad thing. Well, it'd be a bad thing as like, you know, it means he's still drowned, but also, he gets to kiss the brunet....

   With the other six teens gathered around –Mark turning the boat on to get them back to the shore and possibly get some more help– the air was filled with anxiety. Shotaro counted the compressions as he did so, twenty-six, twenty-seven, twenty-eight, twenty-nine... thirty.

   Taking his hands away from Sungchan's chest, he grabbed his chin and head lightly, tilted his head back, having his neck straight as Donghyuck spoke behind him, "Hey! Aren't you gonna do the CPR? Why'd you stop?! What if—"

   Before the elder could finished his panicked speech, Shotaro took a deep breath, and placed his mouth onto the taller's —their lips touching, but he had no time to think about that.

   The others watched as the younger's chest began rising and falling as Shotaro helped him breath. After a few more breathes, he came off of him, returning to chest compressions.

   Luckily, this time, around the sixteenth compression, the brunet's body jerked as he began coughing, "Turn him on his side!" Jeno and Jisung pushed Sungchan on his side, the brunet coughing violently as he vomited, mostly water. He moved to crouch in front of the brunet, looking into his brown eyes that were tearing up from the stinging in his throat from vomiting.

"How're you feeling?"

"Like I drowned." Despite the coughing and heavy breathing, Sungchan stared him straight in the eyes, the sarcasm evident in his answer.

   "You're alivvvvvve!" Seeing as Sungchan was now, seemingly, fine, Jaemin came in for a hug, careful to not touch the watery vomit.

   Sungchan, claiming he was alright, and the others decided not to call an ambulance they previously had planned to because, you know, he had drowned. Mark manage to drive the boat back to the shore and they decided they had enough water for today. Sungchan —begrudgingly— has Shotaro help support him back to get their stuff on the beach as his legs felt a bit shaky. Collecting all their stuff they headed back to their camp, also deciding there was enough drama for today.

Timeskip brought to you by Doyoung's Vroom Vroom Talk Show!

[Sungchan]

It was around two in the morning when he woke up randomly, lying on the sleeping mat and covered by his blanket in the tent he shared with Shotaro, who, in his opinion, should scoot over and give him some space cause holy fuck, does he not know what personal space is? There's– there's literally like two feet of space on his left! As he laid on his side, he could feel the warmth radiating off the older who was lying in his back beside him, a little too close for comfort, but *sigh* he'll have to deal with it, he's been in worse situations.