Love Is Lovely

"That was so cute Licia!" Alyssa says as we all get in the car.

"Um so it wasn't! There was no class, he just said it. Like who does he think he is saying that to my sister like that" Logan says climbing into the car after Alyssa.

"I agree, like what was he thinking?" Liam says starting the car

Alicia just looks out the window with a blank look on her face.

"Ok fine, he should've bribed us with a  pizza so we could pretend to go shopping so he could lay the floor with flower petals and candles and lead the way by placing things her loves about her on the steps and then tell her that he loves her at the destination" Alyssa says dreamily

Alicia still hasn't said anything and Liam and Logan make eye contact in the mirror as Alyssa continues to talk about the things that Rhen-Rhyes should've done.

They all knew that she wasn't even thinking about Alicia anymore because she hadn't even realized that Alicia hadn't said anything.

Instead of saying anything, the boys make a non-verbal agreement that no matter what happens and what Alicia will say, if she gets hurts again, Rhen-Rhyes is dead.

Dead as a doornail

Liam reaches over and grabs her hand and feels her squeeze hard before squeezes back.

Liam parks in a lot.

They're at a large park and there was a huge white tent in the middle of the field with fairy lights hanging on the outside and little candles lining the pathway to the opening of the tent. You could already hear the music coming from the tent.

Liam comes around the help Alicia out as Logan does the same for Alyssa.

Well he tried, she just slapped his hand away and stepped out on her own. 

"You you made it!" 

They turn and see a man standing before them. There was something very familiar about him but she wasn't really sure what is was

Alicia looks at everyone else wondering who this is.

"Oh hey Renato! How are you?" Alyssa says giving him a hug and moving out of the way for the boys to do their manly hug, clap, slapping-of-the-back thingy.

"Oh my goodness you're beautiful niña" he says as he takes her hand in his giant ones. He smells of wood and warm apple cider. "I am Rhen-Rhyes' father Renato. Gracias. Thank you very much for all you've done"

Alicia looks up at him and sees that Rhenys got all his looks from his father. He's practically quite literally the older version of him. She seems the warmth in his eyes and his slight accent warms my heart.

"Thank you very much. I would introduce everyone but it seems like you already know them" she says smiling lightly

Renato laughs and his whole body shakes with the roar of his laugh.

"My son is very lucky. Take care of him hija" he says putting his hand on her back and leading them towards the tent

"Can I ask why we're here Renato?" Alicia whispers to him as they walk

"Your siblings did not tell you?" he says a little surprised. "But you are dressed up so nicely. Where did you think you were going?"

She pauses for a moment. "I thought that we were going to a dinner party"

Renato doesn't say anything but he pushes her into the tent.

She steps into the tent and the looks around the see over 200 people dancing and singing and laughing around a couple swaying in the center to the upbeat music.