New friend

Just as miss Mina was teaching, I stole a quick glance of that boy. He was tall,maybe 5'7 and had black hair just as we Indians have. But he had magnificent blue eyes and was fair in complexion.
I think I took too much advantage of my liberty as while I was staring him, he stared at me too and I turned back. I really need to focus on studies as that's what we should do in college, right?

After the class finished,I rushed to the canteen as I was hungry already. The canteen looked good in the pictures but in reality it was not . It was just a simple canteen that didn't even had a bakery rack. I think every canteen should have a bakery rack. I had 100 rupees with me so I decided to buy a simple mayonaise sandwich. The attendant handed me the sandwich and assigned me my seat. I sat on it and began un-wrapping my sandwich.
Just then a girl with purple hair ran towards me and sat on the chair next to me. “ Hi!, I am Natasha, nice meeting you” she said shaking my hands.“Hi,nice to meet you too”I said happily but it rather came out akwardly. “Okay, please if anyone comes in search of me, you didn't see me”she said hastily.“But what happened?”I asked “Just don't tell anybody, okay?” she said and hid behind the canteen counter. Thai girl is really weird. Just then as expected, our one of the professor came and said “Have you seen a girl with purple hair, about 5'5 tall and wearing a green jacket with spikes?"

 Just then as expected, our one of the professor came and said “Have you seen a girl with purple hair, about 5'5 tall and wearing a green jacket with spikes?"

“No” I said “Damn! That girl escaped again!” he said angrily.
He returned and Natasha peeked from the counter “Is he gone?” she asked“Yes”I replied. She came back and sat on a chair next to me. “ Thank you for protecting me” she said “You are welcome” I said and again started unwrapping my sandwich.( I was hungry) “So, what's your name ?” she asked, “Tanya Basu”I said but I think she wasn't interested in my name as she was looking at something behind me, so out of curiosity I turned and saw that she was staring at the boy group which sparked of laughter in my last class.
They discussed something and started coming towards the canteen, I quickly turned back and so did Natasha. She said “ So Tasha..” “It's Tanya” I said,irritated  “Okay, so Tanya are you new in this college?” she asked
“Yes” I said
“So, tell me, what do you think of me?”
“Huh, I don't even know you”
“You will know me ,eventually but do you think I am a jerk?”
“No. Of course not?” I tried to sound calm but it came out like a question.
“ Good, so you don't think I am jerk, but remember, whatever they say about me don't believe them, okay?”
“Sure” I said.
She smiled and again began staring at the group of boys  with dreamy eyes ,who had seated themselves in the back row. I wondered what was so special about those guys and why was she hiding from our professor. So, I asked
“Can I ask you something?”
“Anything that isn't related to my looks”
“Why were you hiding?”
“That's a tricky one” she said and I smiled being proud of myself for no reason. She began, “I was standing near the library and I was so stressed due to my boyfriend that I decided to smoke a little, but then that stupid bald man came and chased me upto here” “Oh my God! you were smoking next to the library, what if it had burned all the books?” I gasped
“Hey! don't be all judgey, I was so stressed, I decided to take rest”
“But you can't smoke near a library it's...”
“ Shh....you are speaking too loud, let's just forget that I ever told you this and let's just be friends”
“Okay” I said as I am alone here and I desperately want a friend even if she smokes, has smoky eyes, may drink too, was just going to burn down my favourite place in the world,the  library, was chased by a professor, wears spikey jacket, has purple hair and a boyfriend.

you are speaking too loud, let's just forget that I ever told you this and let's just be friends”“Okay” I said as I am alone here and I desperately want a friend even if she smokes, has smoky eyes, may drink too, was just going to burn down my fav...