Text

When we returned to the party, we both parted ways. I saw Natasha standing in a corner clicking selfies for her Instagram. She was wearing a black dress with black pearls studded in the bottom.That girl really is into social media. In fact we also had a fight on this matter. I said that social media is useless and Natasha said against it.

I went to her and said “You are late”
“I  have been bored here by an hour now and you are saying that I am late” she said
“If you came earlier why didn't you text me?”
“I saw you and your boyfriend were taking a romantic stroll so I decided not to interrupt you”
“We were just walking by the beach and he is not my boyfriend”
“He will be, take my word on it”  she said sheepishly
“No he won't” I said, angry at being teased.
She smiled and said“Let's check the snacks counter”
So, we went to the racks full of snacks, greeted the people standing there and ate like a hippopotamus( okay, forget the last part). Just then, Karan came with some of his friends and said“ Hi Natasha, you re here ”
“Yeah you silly boy” Natasha said and pouted.
He made a face at her and said“ Why don't we dance on this tune?”
“I don't dance” I shrugged.
“Come on girl, you are Indian and you can't dance?” Natasha said while swallowing a cupcake whole.
“Yeah she is right, atleast do you know the 'Barati dance' ?” Karan asked
“Umm, I do, but...” I said
“Then, let's go” Natasha said and pulled us to the floor.

A famous song was playing from a bollywood movie and we danced like we were professional 'baratis'.Then someone cracked a joke and we laughed.I laughed and laughed till my stomach ached.The time with friends is the most precious one. Suddenly, a slow song started playing and I know the song it was 'Perfect' by Ed Sheeran.

Karan said“ Can I do the honours?” he bowed and asked for my hands. “Sure” I said, overjoyed. Natasha saw us and said “Ugghh, it's gross, I am not doing this” and started leaving us but one of Karan's friend caught her and she had to dance with him.

We slow danced to this tune and midway Karan said“ You are beautiful” I blushed

We slow danced to this tune and midway Karan said“ You are beautiful” I blushed. “So, now you are judging me by my looks” I teased
“No, I mean, no I am not judging you, I mean, I know there's more to someone than what appears,I..” Karan said but I stopped him by saying“ I am just teasing you, young man, don't take me seriously”. He smiled and said “Let's get a drink”
“Sure but no alcohol, I have parents” I laughed. “Sure” he said and we went to get a drink. He ordered orange juice for me and cranberry juice for himself. While he was gone, I searched for Natasha but I couldn't find her. I think she might have gotten bored and returned home. Karan came, holding a glass of orange juice with a tissue paper in one hand and cranberry juice in the other. He handed the orange juice to me. We drank silently while watching others dance. After sometime he said“ It was so good talking to you today,I wish we could talk everyday”
“ I go to the same college as you” I said but I noticed the look of disappointment on his face so I said
“You mean,like on the phone?” I said
and he smiled. “Yeah, when should I call you” he said.
“Hey, rein your horses, for that I should have your number” he smiled “And I suppose you have already written it on this tissue paper” I said,pointing towards the tissue paper in which he brought the orange juice for me.His eyes gleamed and he gave a sheepish smile.