Proposal

I went to college the next day with a jolly face and dark circles around my eyes that made Natasha ask “Girl, Are you having a baby?”
“No, no, why would you ask such a  thing!” I said
“You are looking tired and sleepy” she said.
“Actually, I and Karan were texting each other the whole night” I said
“Really?”
“Yeah” Natasha gave that kind of smile that you don't usually get to see on a girl's face.
“What?” I asked, smiling.
“Nothing, just don't spend more time with that Romeo, all boys are stupid”
“He is not! You know he likes to play guitar and enjoys pop music”
“See, told ya, don't spend more time with him, now you will always be talking about him.”
“Hmm, okay, I'll try”
“I wonder  what he saw in you?” she said
“What do you mean?” I said and she started running, laughing on the way and I chased her to our next class. Our next class was pretty boring with Mr Sharma, who has a habit of sleeping in the class. When the bell rang, even the most studious girl ran from the class.
During break, Karan came to me and said “Are you free on Sunday?”
“Yeah, except I have a very important work to do?”
“What work?” he asked
“Chatting with you at night” I said and he smiled his graceful smile. I really think I am falling for him, if not for him, I'll definitely fall for his smile.
“So, If you are free, then I would like to take you on a date”
he said. A date? A real date? Am I dreaming?
“Like on Sunday? remember, I still barely know you” I said
“I like eating pizza with mayonaise, I play guitar, I dream of playing in a band and I  really like you, Tanya, I really, really like you”
I stared at him in disbelief. I couldn't believe what I was looking at. All my life I thought that I can trust no one and no one will ever like me, but here I am now with a boy who really, really likes me and I think I really, really like him too. (That's a lot of 'really')
“So, Tanya Basu, will you go on a date with me” he asked, kneeling on his knees. “Yes” I said and tears rolled down my cheek.

 I cried and hugged him in front of everyone

I cried and hugged him in front of everyone. Everyone was clapping and whistling, even Natasha was happy too.

I wore a red dress with black heels to go with him.

While doing my make up, I video called Natasha. She picked up at once and said “Aww, you are looking gorgeous”
“I am ?”
“Yeah, you are looking so hot that my eyes are melting”
“Was that a compliment?”
“Yeah, it was.”
“Hey, tell me what shade should I put on my lips, this pink one or the cherry red one?”
“ Put the one, which doesn't go off during kissing”
“Geez, I am just going on a simple date and I am not going to kiss him”
“You will, I bet, also I predicted the future before too, remember?”
“When?”
“I told you that by time, he will become your boyfriend and the same happened ”
“Okay, I do remember it now”
“So, are you excited?”
“Yeah, I am”  Just then my mother entered the room. It's strange as I think it's the first time that she has entered my room after that incident.
“Can I come in?” she asked
“Yes” I said and I ended my call with Natasha.
“You are looking pretty” she said.
“Thank you” I said
“Put that red lipstick on, you would look good”
“Mom, are you okay?”
“Yeah, I just want to tell you that...”
tears streamed from her eyes. I took her hand and said “What happened maa?"
“I am sorry, I blamed you for that, I know it's not your fault” I started crying too.
“I love you and I am happy for you, Karan is a good boy”
“I love you too” I said and we hugged each other. My mother has never spoken to me like that ever since that incident and it feels good, it feels really good. She did the rest of my makeup. After she completed, I went downstairs and my father's eyes sparkled with tears. “Why is everybody crying today?” I said as my eyes filled up with tears.
“Because our girl has grown so old ” my father said. “But I am still your little girl” I said and we all started crying again. “Group hug ” my father said. “No! her makeup will be ruined, get away from her!” my mother said to him, so we did a virtual hug and clicked some pictures. Karan arrived a few minutes later and we clicked a few pictures with him too. We were all so happy,it's all because of him, he is my good luck.