Confession time

Karan entered my room and was shocked to see my condition.

He just stood there as if he has seen a ghost. Maybe I was becoming a ghost with shiveled up skin, shaved head and vomit all around me. When he didn't move, I said “Hey, how are you?” and he started crying. I have never ever hoped or have seen him cry. It was like the opposite of Karan Malhotra who always smiled and made others smile with his silly jokes. Seeing that Karan cry, was like seeing my mother die. He was not able to form words so I said“ Come here” and came near me. He put his head on my lap and laid there. My mother said “Don't do this, she's tired” but I said “No, no it's okay and mom why don't you go get some fresh air?” “But who will take care of you?”
“Mom, if you'll leave me for an hour, I am not going to die” I said but an angry look flashed across my mother's face. I think death does so with people. Everyone knows it's invincible but no one believes it. They seem to forget the concept of death that death always hurts,it hurts like hell but still one has to move on for the sake of others,for the sake of their own lives. The same will happen to me, I'll die but with time, everybody will move on. My mother left us alone on the warning that if something happens, Karan has to call her.

When we were finally alone, Karan said “Why didn't you tell me before?”
“Cause, I was afraid of losing you and I don't want to lose you ”
“Why will you lose me,  I will always be here with you”
“Even after I die?” I said and he stopped. I know it's a tricky question but as it's said true lover is the one who loves you even after you are dead, I want to test him. I want to let him know that he will be the first and the last love of my life as how can I give my silly heart to anyone else when I have him? After a long moment he said “Yes” “What?” I asked .“ The answer to your question is yes!” “Wait! Which question?”  I really don't remember as I  keep forgetting things which is a side effect of brain cancer. “The answer to your question that if I'll still love you even after you die is Yes, I'll still love you, Tanya Basu and I will never forget you, even if I try”
“And then you will tell your future wife that ' I had a pretty hot girlfriend and I still love her more than you' "
“And then she will divorce me”
“Don't worry, I'll accompany you as a ghost when you kill her”
“I never said that!”
“But you thought so”
“You are still funny” he laughed
“Funny” I said.

In the evening, Karan told me that he wants to take me somewhere. “No, you can't take her” my father protested. “But, papa, I want to go with him” I said .“ No, you are not allowed to leave this house without our permission” my mother said. “Why can't I decide to live my own life?”
“We are doing this to save your life” said my father.
“Sir, I promise,I'll not let anything happen to her” said Karan to my father.
“You shut up! Don't interfere in our family matter!”
“Papa, he is family! and it's my life, no one gets to decide anything for me and the doctor also said to enjoy my time while I still have it” I said and my father looked hurt. I didn't want to hurt him, I just want to live my precious life. “Okay, do whatever you want but call us whenever you need ” “You are the best!” I said and my mother began preparing the wheelchair for me.

Karan took me to the beach that was near the hall where our fresher's party held. He pushed the wheelchair near the beach but I insisted on touching the moist sand so he lifted me in his lap and carried me to the shore. He made me sit near the sand and sat beside me. While we were watching the beautiful stars, I asked“ Why this place?” “ It was the place where I first met you” he said. “But didn't we meet at our college?” I said and he smiled. “Okay, this is the place where I actually met you”
“I love you” I said. “I love you too” he said and we kissed.

Then we watched the waves lapping by the shore, I realised that I love him more now

Then we watched the waves lapping by the shore, I realised that I love him more now. Now, when I am going to leave this world, I love him more and how can I hurt this boy, who loves me more than I do?