1: Jacob's background

"Pack your shit and leave! You're good for nothing, fucking cry over the littlest things. I don't know how I put up with you for so long. Just leave! I don't want you here!"

Three years ago.

It was three years ago when Jacob was kicked out. It was three years ago that Jacob had escaped his abusive relationship. It was three years ago that Jacob had become homeless.

He had been through it all. He had lived on the streets, he lived in a homeless shelter, he worked two jobs when he had settled into the shelter, and then he finally had enough money to get a small apartment, if it could even be considered one.

It was basically just a room. There was a bathroom and that was it. There was no walls too separate the bedroom and kitchen or anything. And it wasn't like one of the nice ones you see in the movies. No, this wasn't even nice. It was on the run down side of town. It was a miracle that he could even make it back home at night after he had finished his second shift of the day, or well morning, considering that he worked until at least three in the morning.

When he moved into the homeless shelter, he was lucky enough to find a job at a local flower shop. It was owned by a snobby rich lady who needed someone to be there during the day so that she could be with her kids. He didn't mind though, the longer he was there, the more pay that he got.

A few months after working that job, he realized that if he ever wanted to move out of the shelter, he would have to pick up a second job. That was when he stumbled upon a grocery store on his way home from the florist. He immediately went in there and applied for a job there. They ended up giving him the latest shift since there were only two other workers that could be there. So from 9:00 am to 500 pm and he worked at the florist and from 8:00 pm to 3:00 am.

You might be wondering how he managed to sleep and have time for other things. The answer to that was he didn't have anything to do. He hadn't gotten a proper sleep in at least five years. He also never had anything to do either because while everyone was enjoying their college life and doing what any other 21 year old kid would be doing, but instead he was trying to make enough money to make sure that he didn't end up on the streets again. He also didn't have parents to hang out with, since his father had left him at an early age. Since then, it was his mother raising him. Unfortunately, she died when he was 14 and he was sent away to live with his aunt. She didn't care for him much so the moment she found out that he had an older boyfriend, she sent Jacob off to live with him.

If only she knew what that had started.