Rain

The tapping of the raindrops in the window made Jimin frown. It's raining and he forgot his umbrella. Who would have thought that a very sunny day would suddenly rain? No one expected this actually, not even the weather reporters. Or maybe they do and Jimin didn't listen to the radio.

A small sigh escaped Jimin's lips as he looked outside the window. How can he go home in this weather? His parents, mostly his mother, would surely be mad about him forgetting his umbrella. But who could blame him?

Jimin hoped that his father would fetch him but he forgot that his father went to Busan to visit his sick grandmother. He wanted to text his mother about him going home late but his phone died minutes ago. A pout formed on his plump lips. He should have gone home with Taehyung.

"Ah fuck it" he muttered under his breath and stood up to collect all his things before leaving the library. He doesn't have any choice but to run home in the middle of the heavy rain. All he has to do is wrap his bag in a plastic bag so his books and notebooks (also his phone) inside his bag won't get wet.

As he was nearing the exit of the school, he stopped. The rain got even heavier and Jimin knows once he steps outside he would get wet in a matter of seconds. His shoulder slumped and walked back inside but stopped when somebody called his name.

"Jimin-ah!"

Upon hearing that familiar voice, he quickly turns around to face the owner of the voice. "Y-Yoongi" Jimin stuttered and his face went red. The said male smiled and stopped in front of Jimin.

"Are you going home?" Yoongi asked. Jimin was too flustered to answer so he nodded. "Y-Yeah but I might get wet si I'll stay here for a bit" replied the younger. The older nodded and scratched his name. And Jimin swore he saw Yoongi's cheeks flush a bit.

"Then you... Can come to ride with me. I can take you home" Jimin looked at Yoongi without blinking. Holy shit am I dreaming?

"Are you sure? I don't want to bother you.." Says Jimin as he looked down on his shoes. Yoongi chuckled, "No it's okay, you're not going to bother me"

Jimin smiled, "okay then"

-

The whole ride was silent. Not awkward but it was comfortable. The two males were enjoying each other's presence. Out of habit, Jimin started to sing a song softly as he looked outside the window.

Yoongi eyed Jimin and smiled, "you have a nice voice Jimin," he said. The said male stopped singing and started to blush. "Thank you," he said with a smile and another comfortable silence followed.

The car stopped indicating they finally arrived. "Hey Yoongi, thanks for bringing me home. If it hadn't been for you, I would have been stranded in the school" The older smiled. "No problem"

Jimin opened the door but a hand on his wrist stopped him. "Hey" Yoongi called softly and Jimin turned around. Yoongi started to look for something inside his bag. He grabbed a soft gray cloth and gave it to Jimin. "Here use this so your clothes won't get wet"

Jimin smiled and nodded. "Thank you"

Yoongi returned the smile as Jimin went down the car. "I'm going to go now. Bye Jiminie" he said zoomed away leaving Jimin smiling like an idiot. The rain stopped a few minutes ago.

"Bye Yoongs"

-•-
Someone made me smile and write tonight.