Chapter 6

The next few days blurred as Rey roamed the large estate and the vast land it sat on without Ben around –a little disappointed he was called away as soon as they returned to the house from their shopping trip. Rey wandered aimlessly at first as she got to know the entire layout of the place as the silence and loneliness started to slowly creep in on her until she found his study, enjoying the pictures and albums of Ben and his father. It was clear to anyone that Ben had a strong loving relationship with his father, and it unexpectedly pained her that he lost someone he obviously loved so much.

While looking through albums she noticed the room smelled of his intoxicating cologne, and she closed her eyes as she luxuriated in his scent. When she realized what she had done, her eyes snapped open and she told herself she would never enter the room again. Rey wouldn't say she missed him, per se, but she did miss human interaction, and after spending some time by herself in an unfamiliar place, she was soon starved for it.

The only saving grace to the whole situation was Armitage and getting to know each other as he got everything and anything she asked for – no matter how absurd.

Lounging near the pool in a risqué bikini, Rey cackled as she recalled the horrified look on Armitage's face when she asked him to get her the largest piece of chocolate he could find –in the shape of a human penis. Even though she knew Armitage was an intimidating figure in the mafia in this part of the world, his amiable personality made it hard for her not to like him as he did his best to make her comfortable or make her laugh at his corny jokes.

"What's so funny, Re-re?"

"Armie! I was laughing about the huge ass chocolate dick you got me the other day," Rey cackled again as his face scrunched together. "I'm so glad you're back! I was starting to get bored and would love some company right now."

Rey lifted her sunglasses as she casually peered around Armitage's wide frame to see if anyone else would join them.

"He won't be joining us," he said with a grin as he sat on the lounger next to her, his legs too long for the chair.

"I don't know who you're talking about," she said as she rubbed at her eye before lowering her sunglasses.

"Oh, I think you do, Rey. Ben went to take a nap because he's been up for the last 72 hours..."

"What?" Rey gaped. "That's how long he's been gone..."

"That's how he works sometimes," Armitage shrugged as he handed Rey her cellphone and laptop. "By the way, he meant to give these back to you before he left, but he had to leave so suddenly he forgot to give the order."

Rey was conflicted as she stared at her phone, wanting to call Rose who she considered her closest family member, to let her know she was alright, but also wanting to check up on Ben to see if he was alright.

"Call Rose first then go up to see him."

"How did you... Never mind. I swear you can read my mind sometimes..."

"It's more like I can read your face," Armitage laughed.

Swiping at her phone, she quickly dialed Rose's number.

"I've been worried sick when you didn't call to check in, Rey! I was going to call the local authorities to find your ass!"

"I'm sorry!" Rey laughed. "Things have been crazy the last couple of days and my mind just blanked."

"Tell me everything. What has kept you so busy that you couldn't call me!? Is Ben keeping you busy?"

"Sort of..." Rey eyed Armitage next to her as she told Rose the story she devised over the last few days. "Well... I was offered a year's contract on an island off the coast of the Mediterranean Sea with the new CEO of the Resistance hotels, and it was an offer I just couldn't refuse."