Chapter 14

"Ben, you need to stop drinking."

"Shut the fuck up and leave me alone. You probably wanted it this way."

Obi-Wan knocked the glass out of Ben's hand and lifted him out of his seat by the collar.

"Do you really think I wanted things to happen this way?! For you to lose the love of your life and your unborn child?! Rey may have been a nuisance in the beginning, but I too welcomed her into our family because she's the woman you chose to be with!"

Ben bellowed in anguish, ripping himself out of Obi-Wan's grip before kicking the table beside them and throwing the chair he occupied moments ago across the room.

"Get yourself together and use that anger to find Rey's murderer. Avenge her death! We need to find the fuckers who think they can attack our family and retaliate against them. No one gets away with hurting our family."

Ben's eyes moved to the windows to take in the setting sun as he composed himself, straightening as his fists tightened at his sides – the need to find Rey's murderers growing and matching his increasing rage. "Tell Armitage to get the car ready in ten minutes."

Making his way to the master bedroom to clean himself up, Ben was assaulted with the smell of Rey's floral scent in the room, finally letting the tears he kept at bay fall. "I'll find the bastards that took you away from me and kill them all."

__________

Ben and Armitage made their way around the densely packed room, gyrating bodies of men and women trying to lure them in for a dance as the bass thudded loudly. Uninterested in anything they had to offer, the men bulldozed their way through the dance floor until they reached the VIP section of the club.

"According to our intel, someone here might be able to tell us who made the hit on Rey."

They were easily admitted when Armitage slipped the burly guards a few hundred pounds each.

Even though the VIP area had far fewer people, Ben grew impatient as they waited for anyone to approach. "Who are we looking for? All of these arrogant assholes look alike here."

"I'm not sure. They said we would know as soon as we see him."

They glared at each person they passed, eyes being quickly averted once in contact with the men whose auras were dark.

Ben was about to give up and drown himself in more alcohol when he noticed a lone man sitting by himself in the corner, his face covered in shadows. Motioning to Armitage, they made their way closer to him.

"What the fuck..." Armitage whispered as his head whipped back and forth between the seated man and Ben.

Just as shocked as Armitage, Ben was perplexed by the familiar face in front of him, but externally stayed composed. "Tell me everything you know, and I won't kill you."

The man in front of them smirked, lifting the glass in his hand to his lips to take a sip before speaking. "Why so brash? Sit and have a drink with me."

His British accent grated on Ben's nerves, and he pulled his gun out and cocked it before placing it against the man's temple.

He chuckled, unfazed, as he took another sip of his drink. "After being separated for all these years... Is this any way to greet your own flesh and blood, brother?"

*****

Rey went in and out of consciousness, her mind hazy as she tried to wake several times, but failing as sleep pulled at her – images of Ben's smiling face beside her as he whispered his apologies in her ear. Her hands went down to her stomach, but something tugged at the back of one. Finally able to break the spell of unconsciousness, she slowly opened her eyes to find an IV attached to her hand. Surprised, she tried to recall the events of what happened before she lost consciousness when a noise came from her side. Turning, she smiled at Ben who was seated next to the bed she laid upon in the dimly lit room.

"You're finally awake."

"Ben~ Where are we?"

"Somewhere safe."

Rey reached for him, and he eagerly came to her side with a smile that didn't touch his eyes. Lifting her hand to cup his face, she frowned when she came in contact with his cleanly shaven cheek.

"Where's my ring?"

"I removed it so you could rest more comfortably. Is that why you look so glum, Rey?"

"Well, no. I'm just going to miss your beard... Why did you shave? You know how much I love the feel of it against my skin when you kiss me, especially between my thighs."

Turning his head with a groan, he kissed her palm. "I thought I'd go for a different look, but I can always grow it back since you prefer it, sweetheart."

She stiffened at the new term of endearment.

Sweetheart...? He has an accent, too... A British accent...

Rey touched the bump on her head as she winced in pain, her memories returning to her slowly. She was on the phone with Ben in the process of boarding the jet to fly back home when men she didn't recognized came from the rear, demanding she drop her phone – holding her at gun point. They shot everyone inside in front of her, except for the pilot, and opened the only emergency exit on the opposite side of the jet before pulling her toward the doors where the refueling truck sat waiting for them. The memories of her attempted kidnapping to be trafficked as a child flashed through her mind, her hand moving to her belly in worry, as the stress of the events that enfolded in front of her caused Rey to faint due to her heart condition – hitting her head on something she couldn't recall.

Eyes widening, she clutched at the blanket – realizing she was completely nude under the sheets.

"Where am I? Who are you?"

"Don't be like that, Rey. It's me, Ben."

As her vision became fully adjusted to the dim room, she knew for certain the man in front of her was not her Ben.

He was identical to him, yes, but she knew better as she took in the minuscule differences. Even in the dimness of the room, Rey could tell his hair was a touch lighter and his eyes weren't the gorgeous hazel she was used to seeing – this man's eyes almost black in color. This stranger who looked similar to Ben also didn't stare at her with the love she knew her man had for her.

"Don't lie to me. I know you aren't Ben. Do you really think I can't tell the difference between the two of you? Who are you?"

Leaning back, he smirked. "I am the man you should have fallen in love with."

Rey stared at him as if he were crazy. "What?"

"It was my fault for not getting to you first, but I'm here now to correct it."

"Stop being cryptic and give me a straight answer. Who, the fuck, are you?!"

His smirk grew. "I am the twin brother of the man you shouldn't have fallen in love with. You can call me Kylo Ren."