Chapter 20

Kylo Ren's gaze shifted to Rey as she happily started to eat, causing Ben to growl and for Rey to glance at him with her mouth filled with food – one brow raised in question.

"Eyes on me, brother."

With a chuckle, Kylo Ren poured juice into a glass and handed it to a grateful Rey as a possessive hand landed on her bare thigh – the move not going unnoticed by Kylo Ren.

"Perhaps it would be better if we spoke alone so that we are not..." Kylo Ren paused, gritting his teeth with jealousy, as he watched Rey bring food to Ben's lips when he didn't make a move toward his plate, "distracted with other things."

"Maybe I should sit in my own chair since I seem to be the thing that is distracting everyone," Rey said as she tried to slide off of Ben's lap, but wasn't able to move as his arm tightened around her waist.

"Ben?"

"Give me a kiss first."

Rolling her eyes with a grin, she did as he commanded before he lifted her easily into the chair next to him, dragging it as close as possible to his side before draping his arm around the back and bringing both of her legs over one of his.

"There, problem solved," Ben smirked as he drained the juice from Rey's glass, causing her to pout.

Pouring more juice into the glass, Kylo Ren handed it back to Rey who thanked him, slapping the hand that tried to take the juice away from her again.

Chuckling as he pressed his lips to her temple, Ben glared at his brother. "So what is it that we need to discuss?"

"Where to begin... There's just sooo much to say, I don't know where to begin."

Armitage snorted next to him, but didn't say anything as he continued to eat.

"We all know the reason why you want to leave the Palpatine family so why don't we start with whatever information you can give us about his activities."

"He's going to ask for a truce between the families."

Ben was shocked at his words, but his features remained stoic as his eyes narrowed marginally – not completely trusting his brother just yet. "Why? Don Palpatine and my... our father never saw eye to eye. I find it hard to believe that he would want to align himself with a family that is so vastly different from his own."

Kylo Ren shrugged. "He thought before I replaced him as the head of the Palpatine family, we could unite as one to eliminate any threats. No one would dare go up against the united strength of two very powerful families."

"But that doesn't work if you want to leave his family."

"He has no idea of my plans. I've been playing the dutiful heir for quite a while now, especially after what he had me do to our father."

Ben stiffened in his chair as Rey wrapped her hands around his shaking arm. "What did you do to my father?"

Panic filled Kylo Ren's eyes as they shifted to Rey then back to Ben.

"Fuck, I was going to tell you, but not like this..."

"Answer my fucking question! What, the FUCK, did you do to my father?!"

Rey sat up straighter and placed her hands on Ben's face to turn him to her. "He didn't know he was your father!"

Pulling himself out of her grasp gently, Ben stood and dragged Kylo Ren out of his chair by the throat.

"What did you do?" he whispered. Even though the words were barely audible, they were no less filled with fury.

"I didn't know he was our father until after I pulled the trigger."