Chapter 15

Ben glared at the brother he never knew he had before putting his gun away and sitting across from him, taking the drink from his hand and finishing it. "Are you the one we're supposed to meet?"

"I am," he said as he poured drinks for Armitage and himself, refilling the glass in Ben's hand with the bottle left on the table. "The name is Kylo Ren."

"Tch, what a stupid name."

"It's the name my adoptive father gave me, but I sometimes go by The Supreme Leader when working."

"And what is it that you do, brother?"

"Much like you, I'm part of a family business."

"How have we not run into each other over the years then?"

"I tend to work alone and travel quite frequently to handle business."

"Father never mentioned I had a twin brother... If I had known, I would have searched for you."

"He didn't know either. I didn't know he was my father until after his... death."

Ben's eyes connected with Armitage's imperceptibly at his ambiguous words, leading them to believe there was more to the story then Kylo Ren let on.

Armitage nodded discreetly as he took a sip of his drink to indicate he too noticed the odd way he spoke of Ben's deceased father, making a mental note for them to discuss it later in private.

"How is that possible? If we are twins, I find it implausible that he didn't know he had another son."

"As you know, our mother died from complications of child birth, our birth. After you were born, our father carried you out of the room to show you off to his men with pride, but didn't realize mother was giving birth to a second son. I was ripped out of her arms mere seconds after birth as she lay dying on the bed, none the wiser of my existence."

"Who took you from us?"

Kylo Ren smirked sadly as he finished his drink and poured himself another.

"Fine, don't tell me." Ben finished his drink as well and slammed the glass on the table, growing impatient and needing the names of the people who took the love of his life away from him too soon. "Do you have any information on who put a hit out on Rey?"

Ben was an observant man and knew Kylo Ren was hiding yet another secret the second he noticed the slight flare of his brother's nose at the mention of Rey.

"I do, but I thought the answer was obvious. Who do you think would want to retaliate against you after what you did to one of his men?"

"I shot the hands of a soldier, someone of no importance, who dared to touch my woman unwarranted. He deserved what he got."

"Ah, but Don Palpatine considers everyone under his care family."

"I'll kill that son of a bitch!" Ben roared as he stood abruptly, every head turning his way with wide eyes.

"Sit," his brother whispered loudly, grabbing his arm. "Please."

Ripping himself away from Kylo Ren, Ben growled. "Don't fucking touch me. If you are a part of the Palpatine family, you are no brother of mine – blood or not."

"Then take me into your family. Our family. I want to get to know my brother and get out of the rule of the man who took me away from my real family. Please."

"And why should we trust anything you have to say? Have you no loyalty to the family that raised you?!"

"You mean the family that stole me away?! I could be an asset to you and yours! Give me a chance, and I can prove my loyalty to you."