Chapter 17

Fear gripped Ben until he realized the large, dark figure was Armitage, his gun shifting toward Kylo Ren as he slowly stood with his hands up. He watched in relief as Rey moved to his cousin's side and wrapped her arms around him as he shifted her behind him, his gun and eyes never leaving Kylo Ren.

No longer needing to be discreet, Ben made his presence known as his black combat boots trampled a path through the flowers and plants that stood between him and the woman he thought had died. When their eyes met, the smile that he missed so much brightened her face as she pushed away from Armitage and ran into his arms.

"Thank God... I really thought I lost you..." Ben whispered against her ear as he held her tightly before pulling back to take her lips.

Rey returned his kiss with more passion than he anticipated, but thoroughly enjoyed it until he pulled away with a chuckle.

"Missed me that much, huh?"

"Not as much as I missed your dick," she whispered, cupping him with a sultry smirk before laughing.

"Fuck, Rey..." he started with a frown as his eyes roamed her beautiful face. "I'm so sorry... I... If I hadn't... This is my fault...."

She shushed him by placing her fingers on his lips before kissing him briefly. "This wouldn't have happened if it weren't for me so I should be the one apologizing."

"And none of this would have happened if I hadn't forced you into loving me."

"Forced? I was never forced into loving you, Ben. Sure, you didn't give me much of a choice in the beginning," Rey laughed, "but ultimately, I could have left whenever I wanted if I really wanted to leave you."

"But..."

"No buts, Ben. Unless yours is naked."

Laughing, Ben wrapped his arms around Rey again as his eyes glared daggers at his twin.

"Is this why you asked for time, brother?"

Kylo Ren merely shrugged nonchalantly before he disarmed Armitage easily, pointing the gun at Ben. "Don't move a muscle," he smirked at Armitage who stood frozen in place with a murderous glare directed at Kylo Ren, "or I'll shoot him between the eyes before you can even think of taking a step."

"Kylo Ren! Don't!" Rey yelled as she spun to stand in front of Ben. "Give me the gun, please."

"Get out of the way, woman!" Ben yelled as he tried to pull her back against him and out of the path of the gun, but she stood firmly between the two brothers – her eyes pleading with Kylo Ren's.

Kylo Ren's arrogant gaze moved to Ben's. "How were you able to find us?"

"Everyone has a price for information."

"And what were you able to learn?"

"Quite a lot, Supreme Leader. With just that piece of information, we found out you were an elite assassin for the Palpatine family, and the invisible right hand man of the don himself for many years."

"You must have spent quite a bit of money to learn all of this, but now you're unarmed with no way to protect the one you love."

"Yes, but I know you will not harm any one of us."

"And why do you think that?" Kylo Ren asked with a chuckle as he lifted the gun higher. "I could shoot you and run away again with Rey."

"Because you love her, and I know you were telling the truth when you said you wanted out of Palpatine's family and into ours – even though I want to kill you for keeping Rey away from me for this long."