Chapter 12

Days turned into weeks as Rey waited for Ben, disappointed each day when there was no word or sign from him, and with nothing to do, Rey rarely left the flat.

"Dammit, Rey. You and I are going out tonight, and we're going to have some fun. I don't like seeing you all mopey like this. The First Order, a new club, is opening tonight, and I can get us in easily with my connections. Let's get dolled up, go dance a little, and see who can get more free drinks from guys."

"None of that sounds appealing, Rose. I just want to wrap myself in a blanket like a burrito and watch movies while eating snacks."

"I know, but you need to get out of here for a few hours. It's been weeks already, and you can't just sit around until Ben shows up. Who knows when he'll get here, if he ever does?"

Rey slumped further into the sectional at Rose's words.

"Shit, I didn't mean it like that... I'm sorry."

Rose plopped down beside her, wrapping her arms around Rey. "Come out with me and let's forget you're sad for one night. I'll let you be my wing-woman."

Rey laughed as Rose's teasing words tickled her ear. "What about Armie?"

"Just like Ben, Armie hasn't responded to any of my messages or calls since you arrived... We both need a night of fun without thinking of the guys once, and it'll be a nice change of scenery for you while we get some fresh air, too. Don't make me literally drag you out because I will. I am not going out alone, and it's not like I'm asking you to cut and bleach your hair."

"Fine~"

Kissing her cheek, Rose pulled Rey toward the master bedroom where she brought a dress for her.

"Good because I found the perfect dress for you to wear the other day while shopping for one of my clients. You are going to look so hot every guy in the club won't be able to tear their eyes away from you. Too bad Ben won't be there to shoot anyone who tries to hit on you."

"Rose!"

"What, I'm just joking. Sorta... But you have to admit, that was pretty hot."

"You're crazy."

"And you are going to take a shower and change because we are going out to have some fun tonight!"

*****

The women watched as another man approached with a corny pickup line, laughing hysterically after he left with his head drooped in defeat.

"I told you that dress would draw all the attention of the guys in here. Fitted, low cut to showcase your tits nicely and short enough to entice, but not enough to be slutty. And the best part, the color of passion to attract every eye. Red looks incredible on you, Rey. Come on~ Tell me how amazing I am. I know you're having fun."

"I can't," Rey laughed. "I don't want it to get to your head since it's big enough already."

"Hey..."

"I'm just joking. Yes, you are the most amazing best friend a girl could ask for, and you were right, I definitely needed a girl's night out with you. That last guy was hilarious! I still have tears."

"I know! I almost peed myself, which I probably should get in line for, just in case. Want to come with me?"

"I'm going to break girl code and decline. I'll stay here and watch our drinks."

"Okay," Rose kissed her cheek. "I'll be back soon~"

Rey sipped her pineapple juice, turning away from the bar to watch other people in the club. She laughed as a group of young women, drunkenly dancing, tried to grab the attention of a group of men by sensually grinding against each other. When she turned to the group of men, a familiar smiling face stared back at her as she gasped, taking an unintentional step forward.