Prologue

In 1940, there were two baby girls who were born in the same year, same town, but different months. One grew up in an upper class family while the other one grew up in an ordinary family. As time passedby, two girls grew into beautiful young ladies, but one of them felt empty deep inside.

Nittaya Suchinda, although she grew up in a wealthy family, she wasn't happy at all. Her family was so busy maintaining their status in the society. While Nittaya was living an uninteresting life, Pranee Natanarak, on the other hand, was a cheerful girl. Her family was once in a middle class status. They owned a shoe factory, but because of a fire incident, the future of their family was burned down together with their factory. Despite of what happened, her family stayed positive and continued living their life as ordinary people.

The money that Pranee's parents saved, was used in sending her to school. They worked hard for them to be able to send their one and only daughter to a university in their town. Unlike the other towns, their town strongly discourage the discrimination of family statuses. Whether you're living a wealthy life or not, people must respect one another.

Nittaya and Pranee's lives changed when the two girls happened to run to each other. It was when Nittaya ran away from their house after she was scolded by her parents when they've found out that she has been skipping from her classes even if she was homeschooled by her parents.

She kept on crying while running until she accidentally stumbled her foot on a rock. She fell on the ground, scratching her knee and elbow. At that time, Pranee was heading back home from school when she heard someone crying. Out of curiosity, she followed the sound of the cry then she saw a girl sitting on the ground, crying while holding her knee.

Pranee approached the girl which turned out to be Nittaya and just by looking at the girl's clothes, Pranee could tell that she's from a wealthy family. But their different status in the society didn't stop her from helping Nittaya. Pranee helped her stood up from the ground and brought her to their house where Pranee's parents treated Nittaya's wounds, giving her the care that she'd always asked for her parents to give.

Staying at Pranee's house made her witness how Pranee was so lucky to have such wonderful parents. They didn't have a big house like her, househelpers, luxurious cars, jewelries, and furniture, but Pranee has something that she never had. A happy family. For her, their wealth was just nothing. All she wanted was her parents to have time for her.

Heavy rain poured in the midst of their dinner, Pranee's parents had offered to send Nittaya back home. But since the unexpected rain poured, Nittaya insisted to let her stay with them for the night. They were glad to see Nittaya, a girl from the upper class family, showed interest in staying at their house despite of their difference in life.

Nittaya made sure that it's okay for her to sleep on the couch or even on the floor with or without a matress, it's not really a big thing to her. But they all strongly disagreed. Pranee offered her bed to Nittaya and after persuading the young girl, Nittaya finally agreed to sleep on Pranee's bed but she insisted that Pranee should sleep together with her on the bed.

They both settled themselves on the bed afterwards. But the girls were unable to close their eyes and sleep. So both Pranee and Nittaya decided to use the opportunity to talk and get to know each other. They stayed awake until late at night, talking about a lot of things. Nittaya expressed her jealousy over Pranee's loving parents and Pranee gladly told her that she could treat her parents like hers as well. That late night conversation made the two to get closer together and became good friends.

The next day, Pranee and her parents sent Nittaya back home where her parents stayed at the living room until the morning comes. They weren't able to sleep and just spent the whole night waiting for their daughter to come back. Nittaya told her parents what happened and how she was saved and taken care of Pranee's family. Her parents were truly thankful at Pranee's parents for what they've done to Nittaya and that's how their families' strong friendship had started.