Twelve

| Santiago |

The chills of the cold winds push through the cracks of the windows as I watch Storm shiver a little

Pulling over I took off my jacket as I placed it over her body.

I always wanted Storm to have the perfect life, and not to be going into hiding because of a father who wanted to see his daughter and boyfriend dead.

I wanted to be the one to protect her at all cost, but every chance I get she's the one protecting me.

"We've been driving for about eight hours, maybe we should stop at a hotel" Storm said through my jacket.

Coming to a red light I firmly grip the steering wheel and clear my throat.

" but we haven't found the perfect city yet I can feel this place is not for us... it's not safe" I said.

She revealed her hand to me before she placed it on mines.

" I don't care where we are, I'll always feel safe when I'm with you sj"

Looking at my beautiful girlfriend she seem a bit tired and I lean over to kiss her forehead.

" i still want to find a perfect spot for us Storm, go back to sleep and when you wake again we'll be there"

*****

We finally arrived at a place where I felt the most safe at, A place that raised me, a place where I could feel free and not have to fear that someone would discover my abilities, my hometown...

New Mexico.

We pulled into the eldorado hotel, and I found us a parking spot.

" mmm where are we?" She question while stretching her arms.

" my hometown New Mexico, come on let's go"

Her face grew with excitement as she exited the car to be ambushed by a bunch of playful children,  and greeted by tons of welcoming people.

" hola, Nosotros solo estábamos pasando por" I spoke.

(* hello, we was just passing by*)

Storm then clock her head back at me for that I never told her I was Hispanic.

Her mouth just dropped but she seem even more amused .