Prologue

A girl with long brown hair sat outside of a quiet diner listening to the soft whispers of the night and muffled cheers from inside were her friends and gang members were

A girl with long brown hair sat outside of a quiet diner listening to the soft whispers of the night and muffled cheers from inside were her friends and gang members were. She paid no mind to them as she stared down at her shoes in the thought of her sudden feeling about things.

It had been exactly five years since she joined the gang after breaking away from her old friends. She's sad because she was happy with how things were now but she couldn't shake off the bad feeling about something going to happen soon that would include every gang in SWORD which meant her old friends.

Lost in thought she didn't realize one of her closet and leader of the gang step behind her and out of the diner. The blonde male stopped in his tracks of wanting a smoke when he saw the only girl in his gang sitting there. Curious why she was out here he walked over to her before taking a seat beside her on the ground.

She hadn't even flinched or even knowing him. "Gen" he called out lightly nudging her shoulder with his own to catch her attention. Almost immediately she snapped out of her trance and looked up towards him. "You alright?" He asked as he started to grab his pack of cigarettes from his pocket.

The girl named Gen hummed grabbing her lighter from her pocket before lighting it up in front of his face stopping him in his tracks once again. He had been having trouble trying to find his lighter after placing the cigarette between his lips. Muttering a soft thank you he leaned in lighting his cancer stick before leaning back as he inhaled the smoke he had been longing for the whole night.

"What's on your mind?" The usually quiet leader asked exhaling the smoke from his lungs through his nose while his eyes once again landed on the girl next to him. "Something's coming" she answered honestly seeing no point in lying to the boy since he always took her words into mind.

He hummed noting her for her to continue as he took another drag of his cigarette. "I don't know what it is but it's gonna be big" she continued going back to staring at the ground as she played with the material of her jeans. "Just feeling though" she muttered noticing him that it might just be nothing but she knew he would take it seriously. She was always right about her hunches and feelings.

Quietly he offered her his cigarette which she took gladly. "We'll be ready" he stated standing up from his spot while lifting his arms up to stretch out his body as he let out a soft groan of content. "We always are" He finished off lightly patting her shoulder before he wakes back to the doors of the diner.

Gen stared at the ground flicking the ash off of the cigarette "Corba" she called out stopping him from opening the door. "Hm?" He hummed staring at the dark wood of the door as he waited for her to continue. "Forever?" Corba let out a small chuckle smiling softly "forever" he answered back right before going back into the diner with a stone face again.