Gen and Takeru

Gen Abe

Gen Abe. She was never always the one who was the leader or even had friends all because of the family she was born in. She was an only child, mother, and father. An ordinary family in everyone's eyes yet it was just a picture. Gen was never happy because she was forced to always be good be better be the best nothing more. She had to be the perfect picture even if her parents were just step stools to the actual rich and strong. The Kuryu.

At the age of 13 years old was when her parents 'killed themselves' but she knew better than that. She was observant of everything her family did and the company they owned yet the moment they died the company was taken in by the powerful while she was left on the streets. It wasn't as though she cared. She felt as her life had no meaning anyway.

That was until she met Takeru and eventually the Black Rose but that isn't apart of this story. This story is about Gen's earlier life with her family and her way into meeting the oldest of the Amamiya brothers.

———————————————————

Age 5

"Gen remember to always be a lady" Her mother would always say to the little Gen just before any guess would come. "Remember to be respectful" She continued as she forced Gen into a tight dress that older children should be wearing not her. Gen's hair was pulled up into a tight ponytail while her back was straightened by her father behind her.

"Be quiet" Her father joined in pushing her roughly into her mother as he stood up at the sound of knocking coming from the door. Gen pouted turning to look at her father's figure walking away only for her mother to pull her chin towards her. "Remember Gen" She ordered with a stern voice.

Gen couldn't do anything but nod as she stared up towards her mother with innocent yet dull eyes "Yes mother" Her voice was monotone as her hands went limb hanging at her sides. "Good" Was the last thing her mother told her before she stood up in the timing of the guess entering the living room.

It was of course her first time seeing these Men but it certainly wasn't the last time.

———————————————————

Age 10

It was the third time this month was the men in suits coming. Usually, it would have been once a month to collect money from what Gen had grasped after years of them visiting. The ten-year-old girl stood behind the wall as she listened to the men continue to tell both her parents.

"You said you would have the money this time" "We just need a few more days and we'll be able to give you it" "That's what you said last time!" The man shouted and a loud chatter was heard. Gen slowly poked her head out seeing her mother on the ground with broken pieces splattered beside her but Gen could tell she was alive.

Her mother was just laying on the ground too afraid to move since this was the first time these men had actually done something that involved hitting her. "I'm sorry!" Her father shouted moving to stand in front of the male as he not held out a few stacks of money "It's everything just a few dollars off! I'll be sure to give you it next month!"