8

You heard voices coming from your mom's room, curious you crept forward and pressed your ear against the door.

"Honey I really think she should be put in school, she needs to interact with other kids her age."

"We've had this discussion before, I refuse to put my daughter at risk, it's too dangerous for her to be out in the world."

"I know it's not biological but she is my daughter too, and it's not healthy for her only to have her brother as a friend. Besides, you send her to those self-defense classes, don't they have kids in them as well? How is school any different?"

"Those classes don't involve the usage of her quirk, and I have her listed under a different name as a precaution. The instructor and I are old friends, he understands what's at risk here."

"So he knows the truth?"

"Not the whole truth, but enough to know that it is crucial her identity remains a secret."

"Honey I know you love her... so do I...But he's dead, there's nothing you have to worry about."

"You don't know that."

There was silence for a moment.

"She needs people to help her control her quirk, you saw what happened the other day. She overloaded and she could have been seriously injured if I hadn't been there to stop her. She could have killed Kyron! The two of us aren't skilled enough to help her with this."

"I know, and I'm grateful for the fact that you were able to interfere but she will be fine. I'll learn and I will help her. She's already so strong and-"

"That's the point honey if we continue to let her power grow unchecked like this... she could turn out like him."

"Don't you ever say that!"

You heard objects clatter to the floor.

And you ran back to your room.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When you walked out of the dorm this morning, you found that you were actually looking forward to having class today. For your second day of training yesterday, Aizawa had made you go against the training machines again, but that time you had managed to complete the challenge in less than an hour.

After that, he had made you do some strength and endurance training.

Apparently, you hadn't realized how out of shape you were, because having to run and do pushups without the use of your quirk? That had not been fun.

As you entered the classroom and took your seat, you spotted Aoyama walking towards you.

He stopped in front of your desk, that odd smile plastered onto his face.

"Good morning Y/N, I know it's only been a week but I find it devastating that the two of us haven't had a chance to get to know each other yet. From what I have seen, you seem like an incredible young woman, and you are so not like the other girls-"

You laughed "Is that supposed to be a compliment? Because the girls in here are all totally badass, I'm perfectly fine with being like them."

"Oh, well yes of course I-"

"Hey girl!"

You looked away from Aoyama and saw Yaoyorozu coming to take her seat.

God the legs on that woman never fail to amaze.