𝟎𝟖|| 𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬

"𝑺𝒐𝒎𝒆𝒕𝒊𝒎𝒆𝒔 𝒏𝒐𝒕 𝒃𝒆𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒕𝒓𝒐𝒍 𝒊𝒔 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒔𝒆𝒙𝒊𝒆𝒔𝒕 𝒕𝒉𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒊𝒏 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒐𝒓𝒍𝒅"

                                         ♣️

"Do you have any plans for tonight, darling?"

I rolled my eyes, pressing the phone to my ear, trying to keep my self-control. Stephanie didn't do anything to make me dislike her, she's actually really sweet and kind to me.

She just has something I want a lot. Or rather say, someone.

Hearing her high, annoying voice, imagining it as Alexander is thrusting into her like his life depends on it, makes my blood boil.

"No, why?" I asked in my sweetest possible voice as I leaned back in my chair, looking around my office.

"Alexander and I are going on a date tonight, Ava will need help with Emma, ​​and I saw that you like my daughter so I was just wondering if you can watch Emma for a few hours?"

I rolled my eyes, happy she can't see me. During my short time here, I've hardly seen Stephanie spend time with her own daughter. She is rarely at home and almost every night Alexander puts Emma to sleep or I do it when he can't.

I've never seen Stephanie, Alexander, and Emma together, as a family, which they claim to be.

It's obvious that Ava is raising Emma ​​because if it were Stephanie, her behavior would be different. Emma is an angel and at such a young age I can tell she will be a good person when she grows up, thanks to Ava.

"No problem, I like spending time with Emma."

"Thank you, darling, you're saving us."

I nodded in agreement, even though I know she can't see me. It's not the first time I'm saving someone's Andeson's ass anyway.

"Have fun at your date" I said with a sweet voice, trying not to throw up while these words are leaving my month

I hung up with a deep sigh.

I started packing my things, my work time it's almost over and I can't wait to go home and see Emma and Ava. Good thing it's that my work here is getting easier with each day passing. I liked it here and it's helping me with my development.

Alexander is a good man and definitely a good boss, apart from his ego and attitude. He thought he hurt my feelings with his words from yesterday. You need much more than that to hurt Amera Carson, baby.

His words didn't affect me, nor did it make me feel ashamed as he thought it would be.

Actually, they made me want him more.

And sooner or later I will have him.

~*~ ~*~ ~*~

"Play the next episode"

Emma clapped her hands enthusiastically, her eyes glowing with happiness as all her attention was on the big screen in front of us.

"Emma, ​​we watched 5 episodes, it's time to go to bed, enough for today." Ava said with a sweet voice

"It's never enough when it comes to SpongeBob" Emma spoke back sweetly, warming my heart, I pulled her close to me, and she hugged me.

"Last episode'' I said, looking down at her with a raised eyebrow.

She looked up at me and nodded enthusiastically, showing her sweet smile.

Ava just smiled softly, looking at the two of us cuddled on the couch as she sat in the single frame next to us.