Chapter 5

Peter's POV

We walked out the door after saying bye to Sierra's father, we got into her truck and sat in the drive for a minute while she searched for music. "Friday, play my shower playlist." She spoke to the phone, "Right away, Miss Stark." It replied and a song I've never heard comes on. She smiled and backed out. She sang along and looked at me confused, "You've never heard this song, have you?" She asked and I laughed a little. "I'm afraid not. Miss Stark. What is it?" I said and she smiled at the use of her last name. "It's Our Song by Taylor Swift." She stated with confidence and continued singing, while looking at the road of course.

She look absolutely stunning, the way the moon shined light off her hair and her eyes a rich emerald green. She was gorgeous. I smiled to myself as we pulled up to my apartment, I opened the door to exit the truck but something told me to wait. "You look really pretty right now." I said while looking back at her. She just looked at me like she didn't know what to say. I smiled, "I just thought you should know." She smiled, "No one except my dad has said that to me, that was a long time ago though." her smile faltered. "I'll see you tomorrow Peter." She said and I waved goodbye and got my stuff and got out of the truck. I went inside, took a shower, thought of Sierra and went to sleep. 

Sierra's POV

The ride home was quiet, I would sing occasionally but I just couldn't stop thinking about Peter, no matter how hard I tried. I pulled into the drive and sat in my truck for a while. My dad came outside a few minutes later, I'm gonna assume he just heard my truck running. He opened the door and got in, "You're just burning up diesel you know." He said with a half-hearted smile. I laughed lightly and looked over at him with tears in my eyes. His gaze softened and he put his hand on my shoulder.

"What's wrong, my sweet girl?" He asked, using the nickname I grew fond of as a child. It just made me cry more, "I miss her, dad." I sobbed. He cut the engine in my truck off and got out. He's really just gonna leave like that...then I noticed him walk around to my side of the truck. He lifted me out like he did when I was little. He carried me inside and took me to his room, we laid on his bed together like when I was younger and missed mom. "I know you miss her, sweetie, I miss her too." He breathed and I continued to cry. "Can I stay in here tonight? Like when I was younger, we can watch a movie." I said and looked at him, I knew my eyes were red and puffy and I could feel my nose starting to run. He nodded, "Friday, play Cinderella on the tv." He said to the AI and she put the movie on. I climbed under the covers with my dad and he put his arm around my neck while I put my head on his shoulder. I fell asleep about 5 minutes into the movie but it felt good to have that moment with my dad.

The next morning I woke up in my dad's room and he was already gone, presumably to work. I got up and walked to my room and went to my closet to choose an outfit.

 I chose a grunge type outfit for today and flat ironed my hair with dramatic makeup

I walked downstairs and saw a note on the counter, I was right he did leave. "I had a meeting, I'll see you tonight.

Love,

Dad   August 3rd, 2021"

I smiled, he started writing his notes like mom used to after she died. I grabbed an apple out of the fruit bowl on the counter even though I knew I wasn't gonna eat it. I headed outside to my truck and started the engine, I backed out and headed to school.