Chapter 8

Peter's POV

Mr. Stark laid Sierra down on a bed and yelled at people to help her. "What do you know?" He asked, walking over and sitting on the chair next to mine. I sighed quietly, this is my fault, I should've warned her the day I found out. I couldn't, I didn't want her to think I was psycho! "She came up to me about 2 months ago and told me that this guy we go to school with claimed her. I didn't think he would get as far as he did with her but after the project we stopped talking, he told her not to be around me. She went with it, she said he would be nice. Well, they were great until about 3 weeks ago he kept pestering her to meet you, her dad. She's said no for the past three weeks. There's a fist shaped dent in the side of her truck so I think he threw a warning punch, she yelled at him for it. 'What the fuck?! This is a $37,000 truck! My dad is gonna be so pissed.' so he hit here, called her anything but a lady and left her beside her truck." I said sadly. "He waited for everyone to leave so that he wouldn't cause a scene.

I looked over at Sierra on the operating table and gasped at the view in front of me. She was open and having her ribs set back into place so they could heal. This made me sad, I never wanted to see her like this. "Who is the kid?" Stark asked with nothing but venom in his voice. "Uh, Flash Thompson, sir." I said and he had no further questions on the subject.

Sierra's POV

It was dark but I felt like I was awake, what is this a coma or something? No, probably just a deep sleep. I looked around and the scene changed, I was in a field of sunflowers. I turned around and saw my mom, I raced over to her. "Mom?" I asked quietly. She turned to me and smiled, "Oh, my darling daughter, I miss you." She said and hugged me, "I miss you too mom." I cried, we stood there for a moment just like that. "What happened, honey? Who hurt you?" She asked, making me cry harder. "Flash.." I trailed and hiccupped. She gave me a sad smile, "I never wanted to see you hurt like this, never in my whole life did I want to see my daughter go through the same thing that I went through." She said quietly, "You have to go back to your father Sierra, I love you." She said and pushed me back.

I woke up on a hospital bed and looked around. I seen my father and Peter asleep in two chairs, I smiled at the scene in front of me. This is how it should've been all along. I reached to the bedside table and groaned in pain, they reset my ribs into place. "Sierra?" My dad's voice flooded into my ears and I nodded, not having the ability to speak. I motioned to the water sitting next to me and he rushed to get it. After taking a few sips I could talk again.

"Hey dad." I said with a soft smile, "You should've seen me back there." I said with a light laugh, knowing I didn't do anything back at Flash. "I bet I should've." He smiled, knowing as much as I did that I didn't defend myself. "Did Peter tell you what happened?" I asked and he nodded, "I'm gonna kill Flash." He deadpanned. I giggled and I saw Peter starting to stir out of the corner of my eye. "Hey Peter." I laughed which caught his attention quickly.

"Sierra, you're awake! I thought we lost you." He said worried. I just laughed, "You think it's that easy to get rid of Sierra Stark? No way, I'm here for the long haul." They smiled and we just talked for a while, not about anything specific just a bunch of nonsense. It felt good to have my dad worry about me, even though I know it's gonna go back to how it was before once I'm healed.