Chapter 9

Sierra's POV

After three days in the infirmary I was released and cleared to go back to school. I got a doctor's note from another hospital and went home for the night. It was a Saturday night and I didn't have anything to do. I called Peter once I walked up to my room, "Hello?" He said into the phone. "Swing over to my house." I said and hung up.

5 minutes later I heard the doorbell ring and I sprinted down the stairs to get to the door before my dad. I groaned with every step but I didn't care right now. All I cared about was getting to that door. I opened it and saw Peter standing there. "Hi, Peter! Come in." I smiled and stepped out of the way for him to come in while wincing. "Why are you out of bed? Your dad could've gotten the door and sent me up. You need rest for school Monday." He said quickly while picking me up. I laughed, "Put me down I got it." My dad came around the corner.

"Why are you up and moving? You need to rest!" He said sternly and led me back up to bed. I rolled my eyes, "I'm fine guys, I can do it." I said while groaning up the stairs. "Yeah you're perfectly fine." They said in unison sarcastically. Me and Peter walked into my room and my dad walked down the hall to his office. Peter closed the door and sat on my bed. I walk around my room, getting clothes out of my dresser and going into the bathroom to change. 

I picked a cute set that I got from Shein and changed into it

I picked a cute set that I got from Shein and changed into it. I walked back out into the main room and you could see the dark bruising on my side. "Do you wanna listen to Taylor Swift?" I asked Peter excitedly, he rolled his eyes, laughed and nodded. I giggled, "Friday, play Red by Taylor Swift." I said, "Of course, Miss Stark, here it is." The music began to play and I danced around my room and sang. "You have a beautiful voice." Peter commented and I smiled, "I get it from my mom, thank you." I said and pulled him up from my bed.

"Dance with me." I smiled as Ours came on. "Peter laughed and held my side lightly so he wouldn't hurt me. I sang along with the song and Peter did too. We looked into each others eyes and we kissed. Fireworks shot off and butterflies erupted from my stomach. We slowly pulled away and smiled, he hugged me tight and I laughed and shoved my face into his shoulder. That's when my dad walked in, "Hey do you guys wan-WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH MY DAUGHTER?" He shouted and I flinched from the noise. I felt my eyes well up with tears and I looked at my dad frightened.

"Sierra, I...I didn't mean to scare you. I'm so sorry." He said rushing in and Peter let me go so my dad could hug me but I shuddered away from that gesture too. "Can you get us pizza?" I asked quietly while retreating to my bed. He nodded and went out to call the pizza place. "You better go tell him what kind you want before he orders 6 cheeseburger pizzas" I laughed lightly at Peter who smiled at me and walked out of the room.

When he left I started to get flashbacks to the day Flash hurt me. I teared up, "Friday, play Never grow up." I said in monotone. The song played loudly and I sang along.

Tony's POV

I can't believe I yelled at her after all that stuff with that boy happened at school. I feel like the world's worst father. I sighed and phoned in pizza, 1 cheese, 2 supreme and 3 cheeseburger. Peter came down the steps and looked at me, "We weren't doing anything, Mr. Stark, she asked me to dance with her because she can barely walk on her own so I was helping her. You know better than me about her stubbornness. Do you really think she was gonna take no for an answer?" He laughed and I smiled. It was true, I raised a bull, she never backed down from anything.

Peter walked back upstairs to Sierra and I sat on the couch to wait for the food to get here.That's when I remembered it, the one thing I promised Rayne I would never do.

-Flashback-

November 10, 2003

Rayne laid in a hospital bed at Queens Hospital Center, she had gone into labor late last night. I held her hand while the contractions waved over her. "Tony Stark, I swear to god we will never do anything again!" she yelled while going through a contraction. I smiled at her and patted the sweat off her forehead with a tissue. "Just a few more until you're dilated, you're doing great, my love."

About 5 minutes had passed and the doctor had come in to check how much she was dilated. "We're at 10 centimeters, Mrs. Stark, are you ready?" The doctor had said cheerfully and Rayne nodded. "Ready as I'll ever be." Rayne slightly smiled back. The doctor got into position and I held Raynes hand.

After about 2 more hours our sweet angel, Sierra finally came out. They got her cleaned up and gave her to Rayne. "She's got your eyes." Rayne smiled up at me. I looked at Sierra with love and she lifted her hand at me. "Rayne, no matter what happens, I promise to never let her get hurt or hurt her." I said, looking deep into her eyes. She smiled up at me, "I know you'll do the right thing. I promise the same." She said

-Flashback over-

I was pulled out of my trance by the doorbell ringing. "Oh, Mr. Stark, no need to pay. These are on the house." The delivery girl said, completely dumbfounded to meet me. I nodded and closed the door in her face. I don't have time for that. I walked into the kitchen and sat my pizza's on the counter and took the other three up to the kids.

Sierra's POV

My dad dropped the pizza off in my room and walked out. I opened the box and saw he got 2 supreme and 1 cheese. I handed Peter the supreme and just stared at the cheese. Peter looked over at me, "Aren't you gonna eat?" He asked me. I shook my head no, "I'm not hungry right now." I said, "I'm probably gonna put it in the fridge for tomorrow." I stated and looked at the TV with the office playing.

The truth is that I haven't really eaten in the past 2 weeks. It's not that I wasn't hungry, I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I was finally down to 115 pounds and I wasn't gonna give that up for a pizza. Peter shrugged and we continued to watch the show. I looked over at the clock and saw that it said 8:00.

"What time does May want you home?" I asked Peter, turning away from the TV. He looked at the clock and his eyes widened. "I was supposed to be home by 8:30, she needs my help with something." He rushed, gathering up his belongings. I nodded, "You should take those pizzas with you." I laughed, "No one here will eat them. I only eat cheese and my dad follows a strict diet of cheeseburger." I smiled. He laughed back, "Yeah, I'll take them. May probably burnt whatever she was gonna make for dinner by now." He said while walking out the door. "Bye, Peter, I'll see you Monday." I said and he left. As soon as I heard the front door shut I got up and put 2 pieces of the cheese pizza into the trash and made a mental note to take it out in the morning.

I waddled down the stairs and into the kitchen, putting the leftover pizza into the fridge and walking over to the medicine cabinet. I reached all the way to the back and took 2 of the weight loss pills I bought off someone at school. I swallowed them down with a glass of water and turned to leave the kitchen.

I saw my dad sitting on the couch, I walked over and gave him a hug. "What was that for?" He asked, shocked. I smiled, "I love you, dad." I said and he said it back and I walked back upstairs. I set an alarm on my phone for 2 am and went to sleep.