Chapter 15

Sierra's POV

"Dad, it's okay! He's not like Flash." I whined as we walked to his office. "I don't care, I don't want you together." He turned and said, waving his arms. "I'm 18! I can move out now, dad. You can't hold on to me forever!" I said back with just as much force. He unlocked the office and froze after I said that. "Exactly, you don't have a valid argument." I said and he spun quickly, "I don't need a valid reason, I'm Tony fucking Stark." He said. I raised my eyebrow at him, "Just because you're Tony Stark doesn't mean you get to run everyone's lives. I thought we were getting better dad." I said, hurt by his words. He knows Peter for Christ's sake, he was the last person I thought my dad would have a problem with. 

"I don't care, Sierra." He said, while turning to face me. "I'm not allowing this, you won't move out either. You depend on me too much." I stormed out of his office and to my room. I needed to get out of this house. I changed into the perfect outfit and grabbed my keys and went down to the kitchen.

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" My dad barked from the top of the steps, I spun fast on my heel and looked at him with hatred in my eyes

"Where do you think you're going dressed like that?" My dad barked from the top of the steps, I spun fast on my heel and looked at him with hatred in my eyes. "Out." I said and walked out the front door and to my truck.

I started it and the engine purred to life and I tore out of the driveway to me and Peters spot. It was a small lake surrounded by trees. I found it years ago and brought him here once and we deemed it ours. I shut off the truck and climbed out, opening the tailgate and perching myself up on it. I pulled out my phone and turned off the tracker. I then switched over to YouTube and played 'Johnny and June' by Heidi Newfield. "I want a love like Johnny and June, rings of fire burning with you, I wanna walk the line,

walk the line 'til the end of time I wanna love, love ya that much cash it all in, give it all up and when you're gone I wanna go too, like Johnny and June" I sang loudly into the darkness. "I wanna hold you baby, right or wrong, build a world around a country song. Pray a sweet prayer, follow you there, down in history." Someone else sang and I looked up to see Peter. I smiled and we sang and danced to the rest of the song in the bed of the truck.

"Why did you come all the way out here? Was it your Peter tingle?" I asked with a playful smile on my face and he did the same in return. "Yeah, it was my 'peter tingle'" He said with air quotes. I giggled at his goofiness but my smile soon dropped. "My dad said we couldn't be together, Pete." I said sadly and he nodded as if he already knew. "I know, he called me after you left." Peter shrugged. I nodded in return and put my hand on top of his.

"We can still be together." I said and he looked up at me in disbelief, "How? If your dad even catches a whiff of anything going on between us I won't be able to be an Avenger." He said back, searching my eyes for some sort of logical thinking that I don't have. "Aren't you cold?" Peter asked, looking down at what I was wearing. I laughed and looked down at my outfit. "I have a hoodie in the truck." I said, looking up at Peter with a smile.

"We don't have to tell my dad." I say, watching him walk around the truck to get the jacket. "He doesn't have to know everything, I'm 18 and so are you." I watched him walk around the truck with a thoughtful look. "That doesn't sound that bad actually. You're right, you're 18 now and his daughter, so if he finds out anything all you have to do is give him puppy dog eyes and get out of it." He said, handing me the hoodie and climbing back onto the tailgate.