Chapter 21

Sierra's POV

Friday March 15

I pulled up to MJ's house and texted her that I was here, we were going dress shopping for prom tonight and I'm quite excited. She walked out the door and ran up to my truck, jumping into the passenger side. "This is loud." She laughed, I laughed too, "Yes it is, Peter helped me with that." I smiled at the memory as MJ took aux, playing some indie music I hadn't heard before. "Okay, why don't we try the mall first." I said and she nodded, into the music.

I pulled into the parking lot in front of Dillards and parked. "Okay, what kind of dress are you looking for?" I asked as we walked up and opened the doors. "Nothing too flashy, you know me." She laughed and we walked over to the prom section. We looked at some dresses, me throwing ideas out to MJ and her saying it was too flashy, until I stumbled across the perfect dress.

"MJ, what about this one?" I asked, taking it off the rack and holding it up for her to see. Her eyes lit up, "Yes! That's the one!" She exclaimed, walking over and pulling it out of my hands. It was black on the top with white roses on the bottom. The skirt was shorter in the front and long in the back and it was strapless. She picked a pair of low black heels and we paid for everything and left, going to another store because I couldn't find a dress I liked.

"Let's try David's Bridal, they're bound to have something you'll like." MJ said, pointing to the store that was a few blocks up. "You're probably right, plus it's already 8 so I need to find something quick." I laughed, driving up to the store and parking the truck in the lot. We walked in and were met with many women wearing full faces of makeup, all looking very expensive. "Hi there, what can I help you with?" One girl whose name tag read Ashley asked us. I smiled at her, "I'm looking for a prom dress." I said, following her over to the area the dresses were in.

"Okay, do you have a color preference?" She asked, looking through racks of dresses organized by color, "I wanted a red one." I said, following her to the red rack with MJ following behind. "Okay, these are the red dresses we have in store that you can pick from, holler if you need assistance." She smiled and walked back to the front doors to greet more customers. "I really like this one." MJ said, pulling out a stunning red dress, it was shorter in the front and longer in the back with a deep plunge neckline and strapless. "Oh my god that's perfect!" I said, walking over to grab the dress. "Okay now I need shoes." I said, dragging MJ over to the shoe section.

I picked a pair of gold heels, they had a platform on the toe and the heel was 6 inches, which would make me just as tall as Peter. I smiled at my choices and we made our way up to the teller and I put the items on the counter. "Did you find everything okay?" The lady asked as she scanned the dress and shoes, "Yes, I did, you had exactly what I was looking for." I smiled. "Your total is 1123.25." She said, putting the dress in a dress bag and setting the shoebox back on the counter. I pulled out my dad's credit card he let me use and slid it down the machine. It was approved and I was given my items and a receipt. 

We walked out to the parking lot, putting the dress and shoes in my truck and drove back to MJ's house. "Thank you for inviting me, I had fun." She smiled, leaning over the console to give me a hug. "Thank you for going with me, I would've never thought to go to David's Bridal." I smiled and she got her things and exited the truck, retreating into her house.

I drove back home to The Highway Song by Kat Hasty playing quietly on the radio. I pulled into the drive and saw Peppers car in the drive, weird, she doesn't usually come on Fridays. I parked the car and cut the engine off and went inside with my dress. My dad and Pepper looked away from what they were watching on the tv to me. "I wanna see the dress!" Pepper squealed, getting out of my dads grasp and pushing me up the stairs. I still wasn't completely comfortable with it but I owe it to my dad, he deserves to be happy. "Okay, I'll put it on, can you help me?" I asked as we entered my room. "Of course." She smiled, turning away so I could change into it as much as I could. "Okay, can you zip it up?" I asked, she turned around and gasped lightly, zipping up the dress.

I turned and sat down on my bed, putting on the heels and standing back up quickly. "Oh my god, you look like a princess!" She squealed. "We have to show Tony, come on." She said, tugging me out of my room and down the stairs, I had to give him the credit card back anyways. We reach the bottom of the stairs and I could see my dad's head turn. "Oh my god.." He trailed, putting a hand over his mouth and tearing up a bit. He stood up and walked over to me and put his hands on my shoulders. "You look just like your mom." He said, pulling me into a hug. I teared up a little too and hugged him back. I heard the click of a camera and we looked over to see Pepper holding her phone up. We all laughed, only being brought out of the moment by a knock on the door. "Mr. Stark?" I could hear Peter's voice, my eyes widened as I turned to run back upstairs. "One second, Parker." My dad yelled as I slammed my door shut and locked it.

I quickly changed out of the dress, hanging it up and putting it and my shoes in the back of my closet to where you couldn't see it. I shut the door and got dressed in some spandex and Peter's hoodie. I opened my door to see Pete standing in the living room. He smiled up at me and I motioned for him to come up. "Hey, what are you doing here? Not that I'm complaining." I laughed as we entered my room and shut the door. "I wanted to surprise you." He smiled, wrapping me in a hug, "I missed you." He said. I smiled, taking in his scent.

"I missed you too." I smiled, "I was about to go to sleep, do you wanna stay the night with me?" I asked, giving him my puppy eyes that he can't say no too. "Of course, you know I can't say no to you." He said, climbing in on his side of the bed and me doing the same. "Friday, turn off the lights and turn on the tv." I said, the AI following each of my commands. The tv played spongebob in the background while me and Peter cuddled up and went to sleep.