Chapter 12

Peter's POV

"Sierra? SIERRA! Mr. Stark!" I yelled and Mr. Stark came in. "What's wrong? What happened??" He exclaimed coming into the room, he lifted Sierra off the floor and sat her on the bed. "She's barely eaten in weeks, Mr. Stark." I saw as he feels her wrist for a pulse. He turns to me, "You knew? And you didn't think to tell me? This would've been valuable information weeks ago, Parker!" He said, concerned for his daughter, which I understood. I was scared too.

"We have to get her to the infirmary." He said, picking her up and rushing downstairs. I followed behind quickly and we went outside. "Friday, call Happy." Mr. Stark said into the phone and it began to ring, "Tonyyy, how are ya?" He answered. "No time for small talk Happy, I need a ride." He said frantic. "I'll be right there." Happy said and hung up the phone. 5 minutes later he pulled up and we got in the car.

"Where to?" Happy asked, looking over at Mr. Stark in the front seat and then me and Sierra in the back. Her head was laying in my lap and I was playing with her hair. "Avengers tower." Mr. Stark said and we started driving very fast. We got to the building and went up the elevator to the infirmary. "Hey, Tony! Long time no see, how is Sie-what happened?" Thor asked, rushing up to me to look at the beautiful girl in my arms.

"She hasn't eaten. I don't know the full story yet, kinda hoping to get that out of Parker once I get some vitals on my daughter." Mr. Stark said, turning to look at me, tilting his head towards the hospital beds. "Oh, right!" I said and hurried into the room. Dr. Banner hooked her up to all kinds of machines and stuff and worked on getting her vitals and Mr. Stark led me out of the room.

"What do you know?" He asked while walking to the elevator, we got on and he pushed the button for the living area. We got off and sat on one of the couches. "She told me last night that she started taking a weight loss pill, I don't know how many she takes during the day but she said that Flash bought them for her." I said, he had a bitch face when I said Flash. "I looked at the bottle and it looks like something you could buy over the counter at Walmart, but it says to eat and drink with it." I said and Mr. Stark looked over at me and grabbed the E.D.I.T.H glasses out of his coat pocket. He put them on his face and began to talk.

"Friday, look through all of Sierra's medication in the cabinet." The glasses lit up showing all the medications in the cupboard. "Zoom in on the weight loss medication." He said and read the label, "Hmm.." He said, still looking at it. "Friday, I'm done." he said and took the glasses off, tucking them back into the case and into his coat pocket. "So, what did you find out?" I asked as he got up and went back to the elevator.

I followed after and into the infirmary. "She needs liquid, she's dehydrated." Mr. Stark stated bluntly towards Banner and walked to her bedside. He leaned down and whispered something to her but I didn't hear what it was.

Tony's POV

"I promised your mom that I would always protect you, and I've officially let her down." I whispered. I should've been watching over her better, I should've taken better care of her. I held her hand while Banner pumped the saline into her body. I felt her pulse rise and I knew she was about to wake up.

Her eyes opened and she looked around frantically, the look in her eyes when she finally looked at me pained me to see. I never wanted to see her like this. "Dad." She said quietly, "You didn't fail me or mom. It's not your fault." She continued and smiled up at me. I didn't deserve to have her as a daughter, she's so much like her mom it's like looking at Rayne.

I smiled at her and squeezed her hand. "You look so much like your mom, she would be proud of you right now." I smiled and so did she. "I wish she was here." she said sadly and I nodded, "Me too, kiddo, me too." I gave her a grim smile and turned away, giving Peter the go ahead to talk to her.

I stepped out of the infirmary and walked to my office. I sat at my desk and looked at the last family portrait we all had together. It was me as ironman, Rayne as lighting bolt and Sierra. I smiled at it and grabbed the scotch out of the bottom drawer.

Peter's POV

"How are you feeling?" I asked as I walked over and sat on the chair next to the bed. She smiled sweetly at me and sat up a little, "I feel better." She smiled and went to get up, I pushed her back down lightly and she giggled. "When can I go home?" She asked me and I shrugged. "That sounds like a question for your dad." I replied and she nodded, pulling out a pair of her own E.D.I.T.H. glasses. "Edith, call Tony Stark." she said and her dad's voice came through the glasses. "When can I leave?" she asked, "Later today, once there's enough fluid in your body." He replied back. "Okay, thank you." she said. "Edith, end call." She took the glasses off and looked at me and smiled, "I get to leave later today." she told me and I smiled at her. "So, do you want to stay the night again? This time with Mays, who I still haven't met, permission?" She asked me, pointing out my neglect to introduce her to my aunt.

"Of course, I would love to, Sierra." I smiled. We chatted some more before Mr. Stark came back into the room. "You're free to go Sierra, let's get home." He smiled. She got out of the bed after Banner detached her from all the machines. We walked to the elevator and went down to the lobby. We exited the building and walked to the side walk where Happy was waiting. Mr. Stark climbed into the car while Sierra and I stayed back. "Are you coming?" He asked, looking semi confused. "No, we're gonna swing back to the house. It's not that far and I think the air will make her feel a little better." I said with a smile. Mr. Stark raised his eyebrow the same way Sierra did to me on the first day of school.

Just don't drop my daughter, Parker, I'm trusting you with my pride and joy." He said and closed the door and Happy drove off. "Are you ready?" I asked her, she nodded and held on to me, I switched into my suit and we swung off.