8: gæ

"eomma, is food ready?" hyunjin called out from his room. his mom finished plating the food and ran up to his room. "is that a yes?" he asked with his music playing loud.

"y-yes. could you e-eat with me? your dad isn't home yet." she whispered. hyunjin looked at his shivering mom looking very disheveled.

"of course i can." hyunjin smiled, walking with his mom. they walked to the dining table and he gasped at the banquet of food. "eomma, you didn't need to cook th-this much!" hyunjin was at a loss for words and grabbed his chopsticks.

"so how's school? any new friends? a boyfriend." hyunjin choked on his food with his eyes widened. how does she know?! like actually?! hyunjin panicked. "i-i meant girlfriend!"

"n-no you didn't. you said that with full confidence." hyunjin said averting eye contact.

"the school emailed me about this boy er hanbok?" his mom murmured. hyunjin nodded and drank his glass of water. "it was lee yongbok! they like that you're making new friends but would like to see your grades improve."

"we're not dating-"

"have you two..." his mom held out her fingers and did 👉👌 thing.

"NO! and i wouldn't tell you. i wouldn't tell anyone." hyunjin scoffed. i wish though. he fantasied.

"ok but make sure you use a condom. i know he's a boy so he can't get pregnant but you can still get st-"

"EOMMA!" hyunjin screamed. his mom flinched at his yell and went quiet. "i'm sorry but we're eating. like we can talk about sex literally any other time of day."

"ok, can we watch a movie? like mother son tonight?" she asked. hyunjin nodded and smiled again.

***

"eomma, i came to watch a movie not come to health class." hyunjin groaned, running his hands through his hair.

"i know but i want you and whoever you date to stay clean. ya know, korea has a very high abortion rate- oh you like boys. ok but still you should stay safe and maybe even get tested for aids or hpv and many others!" hyunjin just groaned again, lying down on a pillow.

"they teach us this in school." hyunjin mumbled into the pillow.

"ok but i just wanted to re-" they both went silent when the door slammed open. it was his dad. his mom got up to serve his dinner but hyunjin just sat still.

"hyunjin, who's yongbok?" his dad yelled out from the doorway. hyunjin pretended not to hear him and started using his phone. "yah, i'm speaking to you." he was now in front of him.

"my new friend." hyunjin answered still looking at his phone. his dad smacked it from his hands making hyunjin groan. "that's literally what he is what more do you want me to say?" hyunjin asked.

"hyunjin ah, come help me set up dinner." his mom called out trying to stop them from fighting.

"we already ate. without you." hyunjin emphasised heavily on the end, making his dad angry. he shoved hyunjin's shoulder but he just up and left.

"yah, don't walk away from me!" he called after him.

"leave it sweetie. he's just a kid." she said. he scoffed and walked to the dinner table. 

a/n: highkey filler just to see hyunjin's home life