9

"Mom who's the guy on the TV?"

"That is our number one hero, see how he saved all of those people? His name is All Might."

You studied the man who had appeared on-screen "Why is he smiling? Aren't all those people hurt? Didn't he just destroy a building? This doesn't seem like the most appropriate time to smile."

Your mom laughed "Well his smile is supposed to be uplifting. A sign of hope to the people. And yes there may be some destruction but nobody died, and he beat the villain."

You studied the hero again. "I bet I could beat him."

"I love the confidence but honey you are ten years old, I highly doubt you could take down All Might. And besides, he's a hero, you don't need to focus on beating the heroes. Only the villains."

"Have you ever fought a villain before mom?"

Her expression darkened "There was one... who managed to trick me into something. Once I found out what had happened I managed to escape. Because of that, his plan was ruined. So I may not have physically fought him, but in the end, I did defeat him."

"Who was it?"

She looked toward you and smiled softly. "Nobody you need to worry about my love."

-------------------------------------------------------

After another few days of classes, it was now time to begin the final exams.

As you took your seat in class you noticed quite a few students who seemed stressed out. Kaminari and Ashido were yelling about how they should have studied more. A few people were furiously going over their notes. Overall the atmosphere was pretty chaotic.

And it didn't get any better when you saw Bakugou walk through the door. A determined look on his face. "Hey Deku!"

The class went quiet.

"I don't know what's going on with your power, but I saw the way you're using it now. And I want you to know, it's seriously pissing me off."

Poor Midoriya, the kid looks terrified.

"I won't have another half-assed win like the festival. We'll be getting individual scores in the upcoming finals. New rankings, so we'll all know exactly where we're standing. I'll show you how much better I am"

Then he turned towards you, "that goes for you too, Sonic, you won't be beating me again anytime soon."

You leaned back in your chair and gave a lazy smirk. "Dream on porcupine."

"WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?"

You laughed, and in the corner of your eye you spotted Aizawa walk through the door.

"Alright class settle down, lets get these written exams over with. Take your seats and we'll begin."

---------------------------------------------------

After three days of answering pointless questions about Literature, Math, and Art history it was finally time for the practical.

The class was loaded onto a bus and driven to the practical exam area.

Although the ride was short you found yourself staring out of the window for the entirety of the drive. It had been so long since you had really been able to view the outside. You hadn't exactly been able to appreciate the view while running for your life after escaping the villains.

You were so immersed in all of the views you were passing by, that you didn't even notice Bakugou watching you, curiosity etched into his face.

Once the class made it to the front of the exam building everyone seemed to grow more anxious. You understood why when you looked up and saw Aizawa surrounded by the other UA teachers.