3: daydreamer

"𝐓𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐞𝐧 𝐈'𝐦 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐨 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐞𝐲𝐞𝐬,"

~🌙~

I was here again. Looking up at the wondrous sky, with all of its pink and purple hues. The clouds floated so elegantly. Why did I love looking at this so much? Was it silly for someone to see such beauty in a plain canvas? My breathing evened out and all my thoughts washed away in the gentle breeze. My lips turned up into a subtle smile. Happiness was all I felt in that moment. I was contempt. But how? I was so young and undiscovered. What was it that made feel so perfect?

A hand stirred in mine.

My hands were clasped closed, intertwined with someone else's. Their skin was soft and their hand dainty. It fit perfectly in mine like the last piece of a puzzle. Their fingers moved between mine to slowly squeeze my hand. Another wave of comfort and warmth spread through my body. I turned my head slightly to look at her. 

She was lying beside me, also gazing up at the sky. Her eyes glued to the beauty and a similar smile danced across her face. Lying here and watching the time pass felt like our favourite thing to do. She smiled more and more and without realising, I mimicked her back. We were mirror images of each other: I was happy because she was.

"That one looks like a dinosaur," she giggled pointing to the sky. 

"It does not," I replied in disbelief. I rolled my eyes at her childishness, secretly hiding how I found it cute.

"All you see is clouds though, never any shapes or figures," 

"My brain just doesn't go that far," 

"I know," 

I gave her the 'are you serious look' as she teased me, causing her to erupt in more laughter. No matter how far her teasing went, I could never be mad at her. Her smile was too precious. If something happened and I wiped it away, I would never forgive myself.

"You know I'm joking, Jay. Don't take me so seriously," she laughed with a pout

Just like that I was entranced. Everything about her just amazed me. I couldn't stop staring at how visibly perfect she was. How was I so lucky to be with someone like her? I didn't even notice the time passing.

"Jay?" she questioned, "Is everything alright?"

I didn't respond. I stared further into her eyes, taking every part of her in. As I stared it was like she was too beautiful to recognise. Was it too good to be true? I couldn't focus anymore. It was like I was staring at an emotion. It was there and I could feel it right next to me, but why didn't it feel real? 

"Jay?"

"Jay-ah..."

"Class is over," 

Her soft voice turned into one of a male, someone I knew to me Park Sunghoon. 

"I swear to god, Jay. If you keep daydreaming in class you're going to fail," he tutted as he grabbed my bag. I shook my head as if to wake me up some more. It felt like I had woken up from a dream. 

"I wasn't asleep was I?" I said groggily whilst getting up from my desk. 

"No, just staring blankly at the board. You should stop doing that. People are starting to think you have a crush on our teacher," 

I smacked the back of his head, yanking my bag from his grip. He just laughed proudly at his remark. I laughed a little with him and nudged him in the direction of the canteen. 

As we arrived we spotted the rest of our troop sat at our table. It was the furthest in the back, but by far the best spot. It was right next to the lunch queue, out of the way of any blasting sunshine not to mention the best spot for wifi. The guys were sat with their lunch out, busy chatting amongst themselves. 

"Finally! What kept you? I'm starving," Sunoo complained pouting. 

"Nothing, sorry. You don't need to wait for us you know," I announced. I sat down, getting my lunch out. All eyes were on me with none of them touching their lunches. 

"Seriously, you guys. Eat already,"

"We're a group, Jay hyung. We all eat together. We made that pact at the start of the year remember?" Jungwon explained as he opened his juice box. I took a second to think about what he said, instantly remembering the time that Sunoo and Sunghoon fought over food. I laughed to myself as I replayed the scene in my head. Sunghoon had always given Sunoo one of his sandwiches but because Sunoo arrived late to lunch, he ate them both for himself. It was such a petty fight ending with them both arguing for rest of the day. It reminded me of why we had such rules.

"Yeah, I remember. Sorry. I won't be late next time," I apologised again. I pulled out my lunchbox but paused for a second. I observed the guys from where I was sat. Sunghoon handed Sunoo his sandwich resulting in him squealing as if he didn't do it everyday. Heeseung was nose deep into a book with a drink in hand. Niki, Jungwon and Jake were playing rock, paper, scissors for a packet of crisps. 

They were all so silly at times, but I could never pass hanging out with them for anything else, not even for a girl.