5: Amy?

"𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐦𝐞𝐬𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐠𝐥𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞,"

~🌙~

"Annyeong! I'm Kim Amy," A short, brown haired girl stretched her hand out to me. Me being me, I wasn't paying attention and just stared at her hand in front of me for a few seconds. Her hand was petite with pale skin. Her fingernails were painted with a sheer pink colour and she wore a ring on her index finger. My eyes were fixated on her delicate hand, but I was snapped out of it as Jake hit me in the back of the hand. 

"Say something!" he coughed as he passed. I glared at him and he just stared back with wide eyes that switched between me and the girl standing in front of me. I then realised how utterly stupid I was being.

"Sorry, sorry! Hello. I'm Park Jongseong," I took her hand and shook it slightly with a bow. My face was flushing red out of embarrassment. How could I be so clueless? I laughed nervously as she waved off my apology. 

What the frick, Jay. 

I was so absorbed in my own thoughts that I basically blanked her. Then again, I was deep in thought about something: the girl who watched the clouds with me in my pitiful fantasies. I was so obsessed with that fantasy that the idea of a girl actually approaching me, made me freeze up. I forgot how to function. Thankfully, Jake was there. Otherwise, I would have said something even more regretful. 

"Do you want to start working on the presentation this afternoon? I have a table reserved in the library for us," she suggested with a bright smile.

"Sure," I nodded. I mentioned it to Jake who made his way towards us and he agreed to the plan. 

"We'll meet you after lunch?" Jake offered. 

"Actually, I'm going to eat lunch in there. I don't have many friends here," she admitted shyly. Her eyes looked down to the floor in a way that made my heart beat that small bit faster. 

"Surely a girl like you would have more friends. You seem like a really nice girl," I said back with a smile. Jake looked at me in surprise. His look confused me and I frowned at him acting so weird. 

"Are you flirting?" he leant over and whispered in my ear. His sudden question made me choke in surprise. 

"No! I'm being nice!" I muttered back in a quiet but stern voice. 

"Should I go? I don't want to intrude on your conversation," she interrupted with a small laugh. I smiled at that, finding it quite cute. 

"No, no - it's fine. You should join us for lunch," I invited and ushered her over to our table. I pointed out where we sat and encouraged her to take a seat. She introduced herself to the others sweetly and they did back politely. I was about to take a seat too when a hand pulled me back. 

"What is up with you?" Jake asked slightly annoyed. He was frowning but at the same time he couldn't keep an angry face. I knew Jake and he could never be mad at me, so whatever is bothering him must be a big issue. 

"Nothing, what is up with you?" 

"You're acting different around her," he pointed out. I scoffed in disbelief, but her smile caught my eye and suddenly I was staring at her again. 

"Yah," Jake hit my arm, "See, you're almost drooling. Do you like her?" 

"No! I barely know her. I'm just being nice, alright?" 

"Okay, I trust you. Just remember that she's our project partner and we need to get an A. No distractions. Got it?" he said pleadingly. 

"Arasseo," I fist bumped him and we both sat down at the table. 

"It's spelt AEMI but pronounced AMY. I prefer it, as it's my birth name from the UK," She spoke openly to the others. They all replied with an unanimous 'Ohhh'. 

"What's going on?" I asked in confusion of the current conversation. 

"Amy noona was explaining the difference in her Korean name and her birth name," Sunoo said with a smile and a mouth full of sandwich. 

Amy nodded and further explained to Jake and I that she preferred to be called Amy. She was quite funny in the way she explained things. Her British accent peeked through her Korean and at times she would slip up on her pronunciation. The guys seemed to get a long with her well due to her accidental humour and addictive laugh. She was very polite with them too, making sure that everyone got to say what they wanted to say. 

Kim Amy was an incredibly sweet girl.

Throughout the conversation, I just watched her and smiled coyly. I was captivated and everything about her made me want to know more. 

"Jay hyung," Ni-ki nudged me from beside me. 

"Hmm?"

"You like her don't you?" he teased quietly from beside me. He wiggled his eyebrows and gave me a cheeky smile. I tutted and ignored him, but he just laughed and continued.

"You have been staring at her for the past ten minutes. It's so obvious!" 

"Shhhh," I tried to get him to lower his voice before she heard anything, "even if I did I probably wouldn't do anything about it. She probably has high standards and wouldn't want to be with someone like me."