sympathy

~Draco Malfoy~

'nothing is working'

I let out a very frustrated sigh. it has been almost a full two weeks since Hope was cursed.

Dumbledore was aware of what was going on and told everyone to stay clear of the forest.

every night before I go to sleep I walk over towards the window and look out into the forest and wait until I hear her howl like she would do every night.

it sounded as if she was telling me she was okay and so that's what I always believed.

every night I wait until I hear the howl so I can go to sleep knowing she's okay.

but not much happens.

the nightmares are still continued having me loose hours due to lack of sleep.

Josie and I were in the room of requirement still trying to fix the vanishing cabinet but it would not work.

tomorrow night would be the first full moon since the curse was taken into act.

tomorrow night the wolves would be human.

I would get to see her tomorrow night.

we had informed Dumbledore and he has given permission to only Josie, Lizzie, Potter, Granger, and I to see them. Josie would go out first to see them and give them clothes to get changed into and then Lizzie would pick me up when it was time.

throughout this time she has not been here by my side I have done a lot of thinking about her and I.

what would happen to us if the girls couldn't break the curse soon?

I wasn't sure what would happen when the time comes and the deatheaters would be let into Hogwarts and another battle would happen, what will happen to us?

she has offered me protection for me and my family.

<flashback>

'what's wrong?'

I sigh deeply. squinting my eyes closed. I was beyond frustrated at myself and above all trying to mend the vanishing cabinet.

'Draco, you can tell me'

she lays a hand onto my shoulder, reassuring me. I open my eyes and look at her then look away towards the cabinet.

'it's nothing'

'clearly it's something. I'm not stupid but I get it if you don't want to talk about it'

I close my eyes and sigh then open them as I turn to face her.

'if I don't finish my tasks he will not only kill me but my family, my father got us into this mess but I cannot see him harm my mother. she's the only one who's truly loved me'

she sighs lightly and then takes a few steps towards me and faces me. she takes my hand and brings it up to our faces and she covers it with her hand. taking both of her hands and covering my one hand.

'I understand you. family is everything. I loved both my mother and father then ended up loosing them both. but they didn't die unhappy no they died in sacrifice to save me. when I was seven I went five years without my father and I was extremely close to my mother. The bond I had with her was, one of the best feelings in the world. She was my best friend. I would hate to see you loose your own mother so...'

she let's go of my hand from both of hers and she brings up her hands both cupping my cheeks. Using her hands to bring up my face to face her. my eyes locking in with hers.

'so I can offer you protection. Protection for you and your family'

'w-what? h-how?'

'I have many ways but one is I can cloak them using my kind of magic. I can take them to New Orleans. There was a white big house under my moms name but now it's under mine. they can go into hiding there until everything has passed over. and yes they would be living among humans but also living among side some of the best New Orleans witches, vampires and werewolves. I have connections who wouldn't mind doing me this favor'

I looked at her in complete shock. This was too much of me to ask her. I couldn't. But should I? If not for me, then for my mother?

'I'll think about it and I will let you know once I have decided'

'okay'

we kept our eyes interlocked with one another and then we both leaned in as I placed my hands around her waist. Connecting our lips together.

<end of flashback>

I hadn't give her answer as I was still thinking about it but by the time I officially had decided she was taken away from me.

'let's just work on it tomorrow before we go out to the forest'

I nod in agreement and say my goodbyes to Josie as I head out of the room of requirement and down to the dungeons where the Slytherin common room was. I say the password as the painting opens I step inside and into the common room to see Lizzie, Sebastian, Jade, Blaise and Theo gathered up together talking. They seemed to be in a serious conversation.

They finally looked up to see me standing there and there faces go blank.

All of their emotions seemed to disappear.

'Malfoy you need to sit down'

Blaise says looking away from me and I sit down slowly onto any empty couch.

Everyone is quiet for a second and then Lizzie looks at me almost sympathetically as she tells Blaise to inform me.

I look at them confused as Blaise looks at me and looks down.

'Hagrid and Dumbledore found a trail of blood as they were in the forest earlier this evening. They followed it and found a-'

He stopped talking and looks down.

Everyone stays quiet leaving me confused.

'Found a what? What did they find Blaise?'

He looks back up at me and then his face turns serious, something I haven't seen as a emotion from him in a while.

'they found the body of a werewolf'

my face drops.

'the werewolf was dead'