Darkness

I woke up the next morning in complete darkness. Concerned I looked over at the time worrying that we may have both overslept a whole days away.

"Dra...Draco..." I said as my voice began to trail off.

He was still sleeping. His hand gently propped under his head for better support. He was in a deep sleep.

I figured I would start getting ready for the day. It was still completely dark outside once I was ready which was never normal even on a dreary morning.

I gently placed a kiss on Draco's cheek as I was about to leave for breakfast.

"I love you" I said quietly.

His eyes gently fluttered open as he was finally starting to wake up. He pulled my arm as I was walking away dragging me back to his side of the bed.

"Where do you think you're going love?" he said calmly.

"I was going to get breakfast. I didn't mean to wake you. It's quite a dark morning and I figured you would want to sleep in."

"Dark...?" he asked as if he had heard me wrong the first time.

"Why yes, it's quite dark outside when it's usually light by now. At least during this time you could see just a bit of sunlight peeping through the cracks." I said back concerned as to why he had questioned me the first time.

"You need to hide. He's here. He's back. He wants revenge. You need to go." Draco said as he was jumped out of bed, rushing to get decent.

"Draco what the hell is going on with you? It's just a dark morning. You need to calm down." I said worried that he may be right.

"No Y/N he's here and he wants you. He wants you more than he wants Potter."

Those words worried me. How much time did I have left? What was my escape route? I had so many questions running through my mind but the one question I really wanted to know was what in the hell was happening.

"Draco I think you're being a bit over dramatic" I said as my voice began to quiver.

"Love, I'm not being over dramatic. Your life is on the line right now. It's my job to make sure you make it out of here alive." he said still rushing  to  get ready.

There was total silence for a moment as I was trying to process everything. It was an overwhelming silence. But after a long silence between us both I finally heard a sound. A sound coming from neither one of us.

Screaming.

"Fuck Y/N it's too late..."  Draco said with a worried expression on his face.

I began to panic knowing I didn't have any time left. There was no where to hide in our room. My heart began to race and I couldn't catch my breath. I sat down on Draco's side of the bed. The woodsy smell of his cologne began to calm me down. I started to feel uneasy as if something was about to happen.

Draco kept looking over at me, gently smiling.

"You'll be okay love. I promise." he said as I continued to take deep breaths.

You know that moment when your heart drops? When you start putting the pieces together? When you start to get hot and shaky because you know something isn't adding up?

"You mother fucker"  I said to Draco.