Chapter 28. The Last Affair Pt.1

HOHOHO!

happy new yearz :D

ohoho, the battle will probably take 2 more chapters besides this once lmao-

well, i hope y'all have a good time reading :))

——————(-^-)——————

Aaron, Shadeon and Gladion slowly made their way to their trainer boxes and stopped. They slowly turned around to face each other, this time their happy grins replaced with frowns.

They were ready to win no matter the cost.

"I heard a lot about you.. You were at the last league's finals and even met and caught Zoroark. But there's one more thing you need. You still haven't found him, but I might have some clues to where he is right now. Beat me: get the information, deal?" Aaron added with a strange high tint in his voice as he held his scarf, which was slowly swirling in the wind, with his left hand.

Gladion stayed quiet for a few seconds, but then suddenly spoke up:
"People were telling the truth, I believe. You are indeed a mysterious trainer. You are not like the others.. I can feel it. Where did you get information about my father? I don't remember meeting you at my father's office nor anywhere else.."

Gladion narrowed his eyes and looked right at Aaron, who was giving out some kind of a devilish aura:
"Well, scientists and technicians have their own secrets, don't they?.." Aaron spoke.. in another voice. It was sounding inhuman once again, but you could feel some kind of weird presence near him this time. As if someone is right there, watching and controlling the situation.

"What.. What even are you?" Gladion whispered and narrowed his eyes. Aaron heard him and started chuckling in response. That chuckle soon turned into laughter.

Pretty much everyone was confused on what was going on right now.

█████ was there

After a good 10 seconds of laughing, Aaron wiped away the teardrops that were forming in his eyes and started stretching:
"Oh, haha, that was such a good joke, sorry, I couldn't hold back.. Ngh-"
He stopped stretching and put his right hand on his hip with a devilish smile behind the mask:
"It's obvious, can't you feel?"

Gladion stepped back as his hair was flowing in an already stronger wind, but quickly calmed down.
"Let's start the battle. I don't want to waste time" he said as he took one of his poke-balls out.

"With pleasure" Aaron replied in his normal voice and took out one of his poke-balls as well.

"These finals will be a 3v3! You cannot switch your Pokemon until they are unable to battle! The first trainer to knock out 3 of the opponent's Pokemon wins! Now, trainers, release your first Pokemon!" the referee announced and signaled the trainers to do what he said.

"Show your strength, Lycanroc!" Gladion called to his Pokemon and threw his poke-ball in the air.

Aaron smirked:
"Come out, Breloom!" he shouted and threw his poke-ball in the air as well.

After a few seconds of seeing the blinding red light, the two Pokemon stepped on the battlefield. Both had determined looks in their eyes.

They were silent. The wind was slowly taking the rotten leaves off the battlefield with a slight whistle. The tension in the air was increasing, until the referee disrupted the silence:
"If the trainers are ready, we will start! Let the match..