|1| Madison

Maddy stared as Xander coughed and slowly sat up. Of all the things that Maddy had seen, this was by far the coolest thing. She had just watched someone come back to life after being dead for like half an hour. Life couldn't get weirder, Maddy decided.

"Why are all of you staring at me like that?" a confused Xander asked.

The entire crowd including Maddy let out a collective sigh of relief to see that Xander was alright. Immediately Diana and Alexa jumped on top of an extremely bewildered Xander. Maddy too wanted to rush towards him but she held herself back. This was the time for Xander's family to talk to him. Her time would come later.

Diana was crying once more and furiously scolding Xander for putting himself in danger like that. Alexa too was talking animatedly and scolding Xander along with her mother. Xander clearly had no idea what was going on and stared blankly at the two furious women in front of him. Justin, who had been pacing back and forth like a lion in a cage, seemed to finally relax and he helped Xander sit up comfortably. Maddy had a feeling that, had the rest of the pack not been there, he too would have shed tears but he didn't as he couldn't show his weakness in front of the pack.

At that moment, Xander's eye caught Maddy's. The confused and astonished look that Xander gave her, made her smile. When his family got up, Jeremy went up to Xander and helped him stand up. The two of them then did the awkward man-hug that guys do. They exchanged a few words but Maddy couldn't hear them. One by one each and every member of the pack spoke with Xander while the Callisto Pack stood on one side waiting for the Amalthea Pack to finish.

Maddy stood at one corner, not knowing whether she should go up and talk to Xander. The entire pack was talking to him and she definitely wasn't part of the pack. She felt out of depth. Also, the fact that the Alpha and Luna were most probably angry with her made her stand back and wish that she could just disappear instead of standing there awkwardly. She had after all, nearly gotten the future Alpha of the pack killed.

Once everyone had finished their share of conversation with Xander and Xander finally wore a shirt, the Alpha started giving out orders. The Beta, who had been standing frozen, was taken captive for interrogation. Had Maddy not been so worried about what the Alpha would do to her, she would have laughed on seeing the look on the Beta's furious face. He was forced to stand still for the entire time and he was completely under the Alpha's control.

The Alpha appointed his third in command, a rather poised man as his Beta. There was no extravagant ceremony like Maddy expected. The Alpha just announced it out loud and then everyone started lining up to go back to the Amalthea pack headquarters.

However, the entire fight wasn't over yet. Since the tooth-necklace lady had escaped with a bunch of rogues, everyone was expecting another fight soon but first, Leia had to be found.

Meanwhile, Diana was busy interrogating the matefinder.

"Who is Xander's mate?" she demanded.

The matefinder just smiled but didn't reply. Diana repeated herself. Once again, the matefinder remained silent.

"Come on!" Diana said, throwing her hands up in the air with exasperation. "One of my children finally found his mate. Let me have my share of fun and tell who the girl is."

"Or guy," Diana added on second thought.

"Mrs. Dexter, you'll come to know everything in due time but I believe that a certain Alpha is missing a daughter. We'll talk about this once we get to Amalthea Pack's headquarters."

Both Tristan and Jeremy immediately perked up on hearing the matefinder. The Callisto Pack and Amalthea Pack started leaving the hotel. Maddy was one of the last ones to leave.